Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,205,779 times

Advertisements

Do the people at ESPN watch the same game as the fans or are they just basing their opinion on what the Eagles did in the past? Yes the Eagles in the past have had slow starts and made a run but that was with a less wreckless QB not Vick. Not only that but the defense in those years were stronger unlike the defense now in 2011. Now this Eagles team is 1-4 with a defense that has not been able to stop any team from running the ball or scoring every week combined with a QB who is high risk because of the way he plays and the guys at ESPN still say the Eagles have a shot?

Reason: Because the NFC East is weak???

The Eagles played the Giants and loss and now they play a Redskins team in washington who already beat the Giants and pretty had the Cowboys beat and they still have a shot? What is it going to take for ESPN to admit it's over? When the Eagles fall to 1 -6?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 10:04 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,126,489 times
they're still in it because, even though the NFC east is hyped so much every year, they're playing like they're the NFC west.

and 9-7 might win the division.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
they're still in it because, even though the NFC east is hyped so much every year, they're playing like they're the NFC west.

and 9-7 might win the division.

One team has 1 loss-(skins)
two teams have 2 losses-(cowboys and giants)

eagles-have 4 losses by themselves

What do you mean by NFC west? And if 9-7 wins the division that means the eagles can only lose 4 more times before the end of the season and today is October 10, 2011.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:47 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,126,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
One team has 1 loss-(skins)
two teams have 2 losses-(cowboys and giants)

eagles-have 4 losses by themselves

What do you mean by NFC west? And if 9-7 wins the division that means the eagles can only lose 4 more times before the end of the season and today is October 10, 2011.
well let me explain then. there was a time, that year in and year out this was the best division in football

it hasn't been so lately.

as a group there play has been like what we all expected to see from the NFC west

but looking forward

the Redskins are the 1 loss team but I'm not buying in just yet. wins against the Rams, the Cards and the Giants and a close loss to the Cowboys. but they have the weekest starting QB in the division, and I thought going in they're a 7 or 8 win team and I haven't seen anything that changes my mind yet.

Giants are 3-2 with wins vs the Rams the Eagles and the Cards with losses to the Hawks and the Skins.
they played by far there best game vs the Eagles.
still to come: vs Buffalo, at the Pats, at SF, at the Saints, vs Green Bay, and at the Jets. and they're still really banged up.

the Cowboys are 2-2, with wins vs the 49ers, and the Skins and losses to the Jets and the Lions. there record should be better. and if any team wins 10 games in this division my money would be on the Cowboys. but with injuries and inconsistent play you just can't count on it.

the Eagles have been pretty damn bad but with all of that^ in front of them. you can't call them out.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
well let me explain then. there was a time, that year in and year out this was the best division in football

it hasn't been so lately.

as a group there play has been like what we all expected to see from the NFC west

but looking forward

the Redskins are the 1 loss team but I'm not buying in just yet. wins against the Rams, the Cards and the Giants and a close loss to the Cowboys. but they have the weekest starting QB in the division, and I thought going in they're a 7 or 8 win team and I haven't seen anything that changes my mind yet.

Giants are 3-2 with wins vs the Rams the Eagles and the Cards with losses to the Hawks and the Skins.
they played by far there best game vs the Eagles.
still to come: vs Buffalo, at the Pats, at SF, at the Saints, vs Green Bay, and at the Jets. and they're still really banged up.

the Cowboys are 2-2, with wins vs the 49ers, and the Skins and losses to the Jets and the Lions. there record should be better. and if any team wins 10 games in this division my money would be on the Cowboys. but with injuries and inconsistent play you just can't count on it.

the Eagles have been pretty damn bad but with all of that^ in front of them. you can't call them out.
I'm counting them out because their defense has not been able to stop the QB's below

alex smith
ryan fitzpatrick
matt ryan
eli manning

So what happens when they face better QB's

tony romo
tom brady
jay cutler
mark sanchez

I also have another stat for you from the Philly Daily News

The Eagles Defense have allowed scores on 51 possessions in a row. can you imagine what tom brady is going to do to this defense?

Old 10-10-2011, 02:17 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,520,347 times
ESPN are always overhyping the teams they THINK they still have a chance at winning the SB .

Old 10-10-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
ESPN are always overhyping the teams they THINK they still have a chance at winning the SB .
Get ready for full coverage on the Eagles on the

Eagles
Sports
Programming
Network

all week long you will see the questions below

are they done?
can they recover?
what changes can they make?
should vick be benched?
is andy read on the hot seat?
will win against skins turn season around?
what changes do defense need to make?

Old 10-10-2011, 02:49 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,524,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

I also have another stat for you from the Philly Daily News

The Eagles Defense have allowed scores on 51 possessions in a row. can you imagine what tom brady is going to do to this defense?
I can't believe this.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:52 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,524,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I can't believe this.
Yeah, this isn't right, Buffalo had 1 INT last week, so that had to be a drive that didnt result in a score.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I can't believe this.
believe what? the stat? Its stated that the last 51 possessions in the redzone against the eagles defense have resulted in scores and 11 of them were TD's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football