Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 01:15 PM

1,069 posts, read 714,003 times

Advertisements

Great game....not a fan of either team, altho Brady is the GOAT in my opinion....my one beef in general with the league is they have got to stop calling every single ticky tack thing in the passing game. More often than not, it's PI/Def Holding/Illegal contact. It's getting to the point of being ridiculous. The call was against NE, I believe it was Chung, the Den WR came off the line, Chung put his hand against his shoulder pad, and he got flagged for holding. If I am not mistaken, it was a 3rd and long. Even Collinsworth said he had absolutely no idea what the official was looking at. I get scoring provides more excitement, but it almost seems the officials dont want the defense to stop the offense...at all....for the entire game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 01:30 PM

373 posts, read 368,579 times
Instead of calling holding on Chung it should of been unsportsmanlike penalty for Branch's sack celebration when he bumped into a Denver Bronco. Still would of been a first down.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:18 PM

18,039 posts, read 27,497,200 times
I think it was part an acting job by Demaryius to jerk his right shoulder down as the Chung let off of it, or it wasn't an acting job.

As they say, a bad call does not bring down a good team. They find a way to overcome it. Here, this is not a bad call, just one that didn't need to be called. Would it have sealed the win for the Pats? No. The Broncos could have overcome 3rd and long there and run more off the clock.

Glad to hear Gronk is ok and will heal up hopefully sooner than later.

Brady was anything but the goat. He and Hoodie seem to overcome everything and will always threaten to win the Superbowl while at least those two chowds are out there.

Oops, gotta go. Just got a tweet from fellow Broncos fan, Amy Van Dyken-Rouen.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:55 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,238,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I think it was part an acting job by Demaryius to jerk his right shoulder down as the Chung let off of it, or it wasn't an acting job.

As they say, a bad call does not bring down a good team. They find a way to overcome it. Here, this is not a bad call, just one that didn't need to be called. Would it have sealed the win for the Pats? No. The Broncos could have overcome 3rd and long there and run more off the clock.

Glad to hear Gronk is ok and will heal up hopefully sooner than later.

Brady was anything but the goat. He and Hoodie seem to overcome everything and will always threaten to win the Superbowl while at least those two chowds are out there.

Oops, gotta go. Just got a tweet from fellow Broncos fan, Amy Van Dyken-Rouen.
It wasn't one call it was a series of calls that went against the Pats in a very poorly officiated game...

Donkeys got lucky but they will still lose out, Pats will be healthy if the Donkeys get as far as the AFC Championship to meet again and then it will be no contest...that defense is over rated I can't believe some were calling it best ever earlier in the season....

Hopefully the Denver brain trust will feel obligated to put Peyton back in soon which should guarantee a few more Donkey losses....

Old 12-01-2015, 07:34 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,738,618 times
aaaaaaand as expected, the Patriots cut Chris Harper.....

(He's the guy for those that don't know was the one who muffed the punt at 21-7 which totally changed the game around.)

Old 12-01-2015, 08:35 AM

3,870 posts, read 4,084,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
aaaaaaand as expected, the Patriots cut Chris Harper.....

(He's the guy for those that don't know was the one who muffed the punt at 21-7 which totally changed the game around.)
Just "Do your job".......that's what can happen if yah don't. He may end back up on the practice squad though.

Last edited by Patsfan20; 12-01-2015 at 08:57 AM..

Old 12-01-2015, 03:56 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,088,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
It wasn't one call it was a series of calls that went against the Pats in a very poorly officiated game...
You're right. It's not like the Patriots got away with several blatant holding calls on our pass rushers or benefited from very questionable calls on Evan Mathis and Aqib Talib.

Quote:
Donkeys got lucky
Lucky? Luck isn't a word I would use to describe our win on Sunday night.

Quote:
but they will still lose out
Are you seriously suggesting to us that the Broncos will lose the rest of their games?!?

Quote:
Pats will be healthy if the Donkeys get as far as the AFC Championship to meet again and then it will be no contest...that defense is over rated I can't believe some were calling it best ever earlier in the season....
Except that works both ways. We were down one All-Pro level player on defense coming into the game, lost another one early in the game (along with our nose tackle who is probably headed to his first Pro Bowl as well) and assuming they don't get injured again, we'd have them back for the playoffs.

Oh, and I would just like to point out that that "overrated" defense forced your team into a 3 and out for your most critical drive of the game.

Quote:
Hopefully the Denver brain trust will feel obligated to put Peyton back in soon which should guarantee a few more Donkey losses....
Peyton will go back in when he is healthy, though I fail to see how that is a good thing for our opponents.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:36 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,238,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
You're right. It's not like the Patriots got away with several blatant holding calls on our pass rushers or benefited from very questionable calls on Evan Mathis and Aqib Talib.

Lucky? Luck isn't a word I would use to describe our win on Sunday night.

Are you seriously suggesting to us that the Broncos will lose the rest of their games?!?

Except that works both ways. We were down one All-Pro level player on defense coming into the game, lost another one early in the game (along with our nose tackle who is probably headed to his first Pro Bowl as well) and assuming they don't get injured again, we'd have them back for the playoffs.

Oh, and I would just like to point out that that "overrated" defense forced your team into a 3 and out for your most critical drive of the game.

Peyton will go back in when he is healthy, though I fail to see how that is a good thing for our opponents.
Have you seen the hilarious SI cover with Brock Os? The one with the blatant hold on Ninkovich in the background??

There was also a blatant hold not called on the final TD run of the night for CJ..

So your win was not lucky? Seems to me the Pats were in control and in the lead all night, Donkeys took their first lead of the night with only a little over a minute left in the game...

They only got back into the game because of a muffed punt, unforced by the Donkeys I would call that the definition of luck..

As for that last "3 and out" it was helped immensely by the PI that wasn't called on Talib who was clearly holding Lafell as he crossed the middle...

If you think having Peyton back in isn't a good thing for your opponents you haven't watched many Donkey games....Osweiler is CLEARLY the better QB for the Donkeys at this point...Manning is done

Peyton almost certainly won't be going back in when he is healthy...

Old 12-01-2015, 07:28 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,088,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Have you seen the hilarious SI cover with Brock Os? The one with the blatant hold on Ninkovich in the background??
It's not Ninkovich. It's Dominque Easley, #99. You also can't discern whether it's holding or not from a single still frame.

Quote:
There was also a blatant hold not called on the final TD run of the night for CJ..
Where, and on who?

Quote:
So your win was not lucky? Seems to me the Pats were in control and in the lead all night, Donkeys took their first lead of the night with only a little over a minute left in the game...
None of that has anything to do with luck.

Quote:
They only got back into the game because of a muffed punt, unforced by the Donkeys I would call that the definition of luck..
Actually, that's only half true. Replay clearly shows Harper bobble the catch, start to secure it and then get hit by Cody Latimer where it pops out again.

And of course, the fumble was recovered on the New England 36. Given the weather conditions, your defense could have forced another punt or at least a field goal attempt. Instead, your defense allowed a drive the culminated in a 15 yard touchdown run. If all that is luck, then logically speaking you would agree that your second touchdown after a tipped pass interception deep in Denver territory was luck too, right?

Quote:
As for that last "3 and out" it was helped immensely by the PI that wasn't called on Talib who was clearly holding Lafell as he crossed the middle...
Which is it? Holding or PI? They are two separate calls with different criteria for being called. Even the broadcast team agreed that it was a proper no call.

Quote:
If you think having Peyton back in isn't a good thing for your opponents you haven't watched many Donkey games....Osweiler is CLEARLY the better QB for the Donkeys at this point...Manning is done
Actually I haven't missed a Broncos game since 2007 and since I clearly understand the intricacies of the game better than you, I think I'm able to determine what is poor play due to a new scheme and poor decision making versus the erosion of physical skills (hint; it's the former)

Quote:
Peyton almost certainly won't be going back in when he is healthy...
Wanna bet?

Old 12-01-2015, 07:54 PM

18,039 posts, read 27,497,200 times
McB, you're arguing with a Patriots homer who claims that the Tuck Rule play against the Raiders is Karma payback from some game back from 1976.

Anywho, as you were... <reaching for the popcorn>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football