Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2008, 08:57 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,496,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by searpr View Post
WOOHOOOOOOO! I'm not really a Giants fan, but I am SO HAPPY they won! Take that, Brady!
I was getting "Bradyed out"! Go Eli!!! My whole development was screaming after they won.!!! This is a "Great Day"!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 09:08 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,926,939 times
I am so happy right now that words cannot describe it. If I wasn't so macho, I'd be in tears. Congrats to the New York Giants and their fans (such as me)!!!! (And even better to beat the hated and almost perfect Boston/New England Patriots.)

Old 02-03-2008, 09:32 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,401,242 times
This was a great game--more like riveting. My neighbors definitely heard screaming from we NY'ers tonight. Way to go Giants! Honk twice tomorrow, as I ride to/from work with my Giants decal on back window. Just kidding, don't want to be slapped with a noise ordinance.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:52 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,634,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
CONGRATS GIANTS!!!! It was bittersweet...wishing my Packers were there but watching the Patriots lose their arse on National TV.....SWEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!

I can TOTALLY relate.

Hated to see my Packers lose to the Giants, but after the way NY played TB, Dallas, and GB on the road, I felt they were a VERY capable opponent against the Patriots and tonight they proved it!

Congrats Giants fans, your team played AWESOME.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:55 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,062,512 times
Congratulations to the Giants and their fans. This was a great game and a well deserved win. Thank you for shuting them up and making 18-1 happen. I love nothing more than to watch Bellijerk walk off the field with time on the clock, what a sore loser!

Old 02-03-2008, 09:59 PM

84 posts, read 355,426 times
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/atlantismartell/giants.jpg (broken link)

Dudes, that was an effing helluva AWESOME GAME!!! My throat is hurting from all the screaming. I still can't believe it! It took the NY Giants to finally shut the whole arrogant 'we're so great' Patriots' ass down!!!

Hey, I'm a COLTS fan, but Manning is Manning!

I take everything that I had said back in the past about ELI MANNING. That man has earned my respect today. His game was flawless! I mean, that man shook off a sack AND threw a pass!! It was awesome!!

What a great Super Bowl game!! Who would have thought that the Giants as a wild card would have become the Super Bowl Champion?! OMG, the game was sooooooooo intensed!! It was no foul play, no controversy; it was a clean game! The Giants won it with pure hearts and hard work! Eli was excellent. Offensive linemen were doing their job giving Manning plenty of time to throw the ball. Defensive team was a pack of monsters that couldn't be stopped! I mean 5 sacks!! OUCH! Receivers, however, were not all 100% there especially Plaxico. They just couldn't hold the ball in their hands. But hey, I won't complain, after all, Plaxico caught the touchdown pass.

I don't know what made me happy more: New England FINALLY got their butt whooped or one of the Manning's brothers won. Whatever it is, I'm happy. This game made up for the COLTS' loss when they played the Chargers.

HA! The New England can have their perfect season, but when it counted the most, they couldn't deliver it.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Congratulations to the Giants and their fans. This was a great game and a well deserved win. Thank you for shuting them up and making 18-1 happen. I love nothing more than to watch Bellijerk walk off the field with time on the clock, what a sore loser!
How dare you call him Bellijerk! His name is Belicheat!

I was thinking the same thing that he's a sore loser for walking off the field w/ time on the clock.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:41 PM

"Giants Win!"

Old 02-03-2008, 11:29 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,790,720 times
YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's nice to see so many were rooting for NY even if it was more for the pats lose...
I too would've wanted THE GIANTS to win no matter what & the pats to lose no matter what!!!
Though honestly if it had been the raiders against the pats I don't know...
I think I would've just ignored the whole thing...
Nah.... I would've rooted against the raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(GAHD I loved when Tampa beat em!!!!!!!!! )
Hmmm - woulda been tough if it was The Dolphins or The Broncos too...
I hated to root against The Dolphins in the playoffs in 99, but...
Wasn't really against The Dolphins - just wanted Elway & The Broncos win!!!
Still wish I'd gotten to see Marino & The Dolphins win too...
But this was sweet!!!!!!
Just as good as the game against The Bills in 91!!! But they beat the pats!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by elfyum; 02-03-2008 at 11:54 PM..

Old 02-03-2008, 11:38 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,781,122 times
Oooohh how I loved this game. It was low scoring; but the Giants defense really stepped up to the plate. Oh, and that last Giants drive....amazing! I'm SO happy that Eli & company won. And Tom Brady got of the field with his head hung down.

My only complaint about this game was that ridiculously un-entertaining halftime show. Tom Petty? ZZZzzzzzz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football