Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2023, 03:38 PM

10,416 posts, read 7,005,190 times

Advertisements

"QUARTERBACK" on NetFlix seems to be a fairly decent production. I considered putting this in the

"Entertainment-TV" section, but it is focused on football.

It profiles 3 NFL Q-Backs. They are:

1. Mariota

2. Cousins

3. Mahomes

It goes into the back stories of each of these players. Fairly interesting.

Hopefully, this type of programming can become something that catches on. I'd like to see other

players/positions profiled in the future.

Anyone seen any of this series? (I've seen episodes 1 & 2 and part of episode 6.) Talk about jumping around!

Discuss~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2023, 10:12 AM

4,089 posts, read 2,428,785 times
^^^^Have not seen it. There's another one on Netflix called "Untold." This feature is about our old friend, Johnny Football.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...2d7be66&ei=157

There was once a time when everyone thought Johnny Manziel was going to be the savior of the Cleveland Browns. He was one of the best quarterbacks in college football from 2012-13 before he was drafted by the Browns in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He even won the Heisman Trophy in 2012 while he was with Texas A&M. However, after he got drafted, everything changed. He was out of the league after two years and never got another chance.

I think he came to the realization that he couldn't play, lol.

Old 07-22-2023, 01:04 PM

10,416 posts, read 7,005,190 times
Seen the rest of them, now (8 in total.)

Not a bad production. At least it's something NFL related.

Old 07-30-2023, 07:22 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,678,280 times
I was wondering if anyone here had watched the show. I have been told it is worth the time to check out. Is that what you guys think, too?

Old 08-09-2023, 09:14 AM

4,089 posts, read 2,428,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
^^^^Have not seen it. There's another one on Netflix called "Untold." This feature is about our old friend, Johnny Football.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...2d7be66&ei=157

There was once a time when everyone thought Johnny Manziel was going to be the savior of the Cleveland Browns. He was one of the best quarterbacks in college football from 2012-13 before he was drafted by the Browns in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He even won the Heisman Trophy in 2012 while he was with Texas A&M. However, after he got drafted, everything changed. He was out of the league after two years and never got another chance.

I think he came to the realization that he couldn't play, lol.
I haven't watched this documentary yet but it seems I haven't missed much.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/09/johnny...ng-nfl-career/

There are those legendary NFL quarterbacks who are known for obsessing over game tape, trying to find even the smallest detail that can help them win each Sunday. Then, there’s former Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel. Manziel and his former agent, Erik Burkhardt, revealed in the newly released Netflix documentary, “Untold: Johnny Football,” that the former Heisman winner did not watch any tape during his two-year stint in Cleveland. “Their GM’s calling me going, ‘He doesn’t watch tape,’” Burkhardt, the co-head of football for Roc Nation, said in the documentary. “I’m like, ‘Well, he’s got to watch some tape.’ “He’s like, ‘E.B., his iPad hours is 0.00.’” The camera then shifts to Manziel, who holds his fingers on his left hand in the shape of an “O.” “Zero,” Manziel said.

Makes sense. He was a big zero at the time. Took the Browns money and ran.

Old 08-10-2023, 05:59 AM

3,270 posts, read 5,656,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
I haven't watched this documentary yet but it seems I haven't missed much.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/09/johnny...ng-nfl-career/

There are those legendary NFL quarterbacks who are known for obsessing over game tape, trying to find even the smallest detail that can help them win each Sunday. Then, there’s former Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel. Manziel and his former agent, Erik Burkhardt, revealed in the newly released Netflix documentary, “Untold: Johnny Football,” that the former Heisman winner did not watch any tape during his two-year stint in Cleveland. “Their GM’s calling me going, ‘He doesn’t watch tape,’” Burkhardt, the co-head of football for Roc Nation, said in the documentary. “I’m like, ‘Well, he’s got to watch some tape.’ “He’s like, ‘E.B., his iPad hours is 0.00.’” The camera then shifts to Manziel, who holds his fingers on his left hand in the shape of an “O.” “Zero,” Manziel said.

Makes sense. He was a big zero at the time. Took the Browns money and ran.
Jerry Jones wanted to draft him soooooo bad. The whole draft room shamed him into going with their pick Zack Martin . After that showdown Jerrah has been a bit easier to control.

As a Cowboy fan I just breathed a huge sigh of relief although I didn't know that much about Zach Martin at the time. Martin was pick instead of JFF obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football