Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New worst owner
Dean Spanos 1 5.88%
Jimmy Haslam 2 11.76%
Jerry Jones 6 35.29%
Jim Irsay 2 11.76%
Michael Bidwill 1 5.88%
Stan Kroenke 2 11.76%
Woody Johnson 1 5.88%
Other 2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 09:12 AM

4,399 posts, read 4,295,321 times

Advertisements

With Dan Snyder officially gone. I would think it is suffice to say there is a new worst owner in the NFL. I am wondering who that will be? IMO the choices in this poll are top contenders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2023, 09:18 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Lots of good choices, but I have to go with Jerry Jones. Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in the NFL, but "America's Team" hasn't done diddly squat since Jerruh ran off Jimmy Johnson with his arrogance. He and his son are meddlesome idiots who have no business running a front office. That team will probably never win another Super Bowl until the Jones clan backs off and lets football people make the football decisions.

Old 07-21-2023, 09:51 AM

4,863 posts, read 6,929,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Lots of good choices, but I have to go with Jerry Jones. Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in the NFL, but "America's Team" hasn't done diddly squat since Jerruh ran off Jimmy Johnson with his arrogance. He and his son are meddlesome idiots who have no business running a front office. That team will probably never win another Super Bowl until the Jones clan backs off and lets football people make the football decisions.
My votes for Jerry too. According to the poll he's pitching a shutout.

Snyder was the Superbowl champ of crappy owners. So, it will be pretty hard to fill his shoes. I'm confident a couple of these guys will try.

Old 07-21-2023, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
My votes for Jerry too. According to the poll he's pitching a shutout.

Snyder was the Superbowl champ of crappy owners. So, it will be pretty hard to fill his shoes. I'm confident a couple of these guys will try.
Oh no, someone from Baltimore voted for Irsay.

Old 07-21-2023, 12:09 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
This is like asking who was the SECOND worst leader of Germany.

Old 07-21-2023, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That's easy. Kaiser Wilhelm. Like in Snyder's case, #1 in Germany was a slam dunk.

Old 07-21-2023, 12:58 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Georg Michaelis

Next Question

Who was the second worst President of the US?

Andrew Johnson

Finally, who is the second worst owner after Jerruh? WHY was ROSS not listed on the poll?

Is it because he is in EXILE, suspended by the NFL from having anything to do with the team or league for a year? Or is it because MY FINZ are no longer counted as an NFL team?

Seriously, Dan Snyder should have been suspended, but was not, although it was considered

SO for years, I have been on this forum, talking semi-seriously about football. Also voicing my disapproval of the way MY FINZ are run, starting with the top, trickling down to various levels of incompetence which are acceptable in Miami, professional status not-with-standing
It seems that the bar for expectation is low in Miami, which is why the franchise has failed so many times over the past ..... long time

Ross i one of many owners who decided to play football, bought a franchise as his "toy" but really knows nothing about the game or the league, and certainly not how to build a franchise. But worst of all, he does not seem to care as evidenced by his attitude He does make his money, all franchises do, even the Pesky Red birds and the Texicans....Winning is not necessary to pad one's pocket in the NFL.

Sadly, under his watch, the franchise has dropped lower and lower with no long term plan, no short term plan and no clue as to how to get from start to step 2.

Many have mentioned Jerruh being a clueless meddling owner. Ross is a clueless "I don't care, do what is cheapest" owner who allows his equally clueless lackey, Chris Grier to excel as the league's worst general manager. To me, Jerruh at least keeps things entertaining. Which is more than I can say about MY FINZ and I have been a fan all my life.

Old 07-21-2023, 01:13 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Al Davis’ son with the cereal-bowl haircut.

Old 07-21-2023, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Georg Michaelis

Next Question

Who was the second worst President of the US?

Andrew Johnson

Finally, who is the second worst owner after Jerruh? WHY was ROSS not listed on the poll?

Is it because he is in EXILE, suspended by the NFL from having anything to do with the team or league for a year? Or is it because MY FINZ are no longer counted as an NFL team?

Seriously, Dan Snyder should have been suspended, but was not, although it was considered

SO for years, I have been on this forum, talking semi-seriously about football. Also voicing my disapproval of the way MY FINZ are run, starting with the top, trickling down to various levels of incompetence which are acceptable in Miami, professional status not-with-standing
It seems that the bar for expectation is low in Miami, which is why the franchise has failed so many times over the past ..... long time

Ross i one of many owners who decided to play football, bought a franchise as his "toy" but really knows nothing about the game or the league, and certainly not how to build a franchise. But worst of all, he does not seem to care as evidenced by his attitude He does make his money, all franchises do, even the Pesky Red birds and the Texicans....Winning is not necessary to pad one's pocket in the NFL.

Sadly, under his watch, the franchise has dropped lower and lower with no long term plan, no short term plan and no clue as to how to get from start to step 2.

Many have mentioned Jerruh being a clueless meddling owner. Ross is a clueless "I don't care, do what is cheapest" owner who allows his equally clueless lackey, Chris Grier to excel as the league's worst general manager. To me, Jerruh at least keeps things entertaining. Which is more than I can say about MY FINZ and I have been a fan all my life.
Like in Michaelis' situation, I guess #2 in football ownership isn't that easy. Incidentally, Michaelis wasn't in power long enough to make #2 in Germany. Didn't do enough damage (my opinion).

Now, you've got a real good argument on Ross. I DO know about frustration when it comes to ownership of a team you've followed for life. My (and I use that term loosely nowadays) Vikings over the years and ESPECIALLY over the last couple, are trying their damndest to lose me as a fan. They're so woke, they'll have a transgender cheerleader soon. Not to mention the front office player personnel decisions over the years. We're about to expose Cousins w/o having a running back threat. Toss in a brand new beautiful stadium with seats so small anyone over 225 lbs. is crammed in like a sardine. Great ownership decision.

I guess if I'm to be happy at all, it's that Ross, Jones, OR Snyder aren't Vikings owners. If I were a Packers fan at least I could deflect some of the blame on ownership at myself.

Old 07-21-2023, 01:32 PM

4,399 posts, read 4,295,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Al Davis’ son with the cereal-bowl haircut.
Crap Forgot to put him as an option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football