Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 12:22 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,251,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I've gotten in the same argument with a Seahawks fan. You know, about SB XL and all. And I just hate it when they keep sayin' it was fixed. Just as much as I hate when Mavs fans keep crying about the choke job in 2006 against the Heat.

Of cousre, I'm a Cowboys fan *ducking now*, and somehow the argument shifted to Super Bowl XL.

Anyway, to Seahawks fans..... GET OVER IT! It's over.....
Seattle had their chances, they couldnt convert, they missed not one but two field goals. And at least for Seattle, they are still a contender.
As for the Mavs, well, hopefully next June will put 2006 to rest, and 07 as well. I hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 01:21 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,377,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I've gotten in the same argument with a Seahawks fan. You know, about SB XL and all. And I just hate it when they keep sayin' it was fixed. Just as much as I hate when Mavs fans keep crying about the choke job in 2006 against the Heat.

Of cousre, I'm a Cowboys fan *ducking now*, and somehow the argument shifted to Super Bowl XL.

Anyway, to Seahawks fans..... GET OVER IT! It's over.....
I won't hold it against you! The Cowboys are a worthy opponent--they also have 5 rings! But I still LOVE to HATE the Cowboys!

We won that SB fair and square. There are just black & gold haters that want to take something away from us, but they aren't going to succeed.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It doesn't matter what you think. According to the NFL, the courts of law, and the residents of the state of Ohio, the Browns are the Browns, dating back to 1946 and with suspended operations from 1996 to 1999. The Ravens are the Ravens, a new franchise with no history before 1996. Period.
AND it does NOT matter to me what you think either.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:05 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,918,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
I won't hold it against you! The Cowboys are a worthy opponent--they also have 5 rings! But I still LOVE to HATE the Cowboys!

We won that SB fair and square. There are just black & gold haters that want to take something away from us, but they aren't going to succeed.
And I LOVE to HATE the Steelers... but like you said, we're worhty rivals. The NFL wouldn't be the same without Dallas and Pittsburgh...... San Francisco, too, but I wouldn't call them a threat anytime soon.....

Old 07-29-2008, 02:56 PM

41,979 posts, read 75,252,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
AND it does NOT matter to me what you think either.
I wasn't stating opinion. I was stating fact. Look it up for yourself.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:19 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,251,504 times
Everyone, please read the sticky, NO PERSONAL ATTACKS, FINAL WARNING! INFRACTIONS WILL BE GIVEN FROM HERE ON OUT.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:45 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,762,537 times
theroc5156 wrote:
"The Steelers were just an average team until they won those Super Bowls in the 70's. Outside of Pittsburgh, they weren't a real popular team. Since those Super Bowls, the Steeler fan base OUTSIDE of Pittsburgh jumped immensely. I know because I'm from NJ and know some Steeler fans. Most fans haven't stepped foot in Pittsburgh. It's common knowledge, but I understand that you wouldn't know this because you are a typical blind Steeler fan. Why do you think there are so many Cowboy fans outside of Dallas? Because of their success in the Super Bowls in the 70's."

Check out a NFL show "Steeler Nation" you can find it on youtube. It explains that when the steel mills closed down in the late 70s and early 80s the Pittsburgh area lost 48 percent of it's population. Ex Pittsburgh residents (all die hard Steeler fans for sure) scattered about the country searching for employment. There are Steeler bars in every major city in the country where expatriates can gather to watch their beloved team.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:22 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,250,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
theroc5156 wrote:
"The Steelers were just an average team until they won those Super Bowls in the 70's. Outside of Pittsburgh, they weren't a real popular team. Since those Super Bowls, the Steeler fan base OUTSIDE of Pittsburgh jumped immensely. I know because I'm from NJ and know some Steeler fans. Most fans haven't stepped foot in Pittsburgh. It's common knowledge, but I understand that you wouldn't know this because you are a typical blind Steeler fan. Why do you think there are so many Cowboy fans outside of Dallas? Because of their success in the Super Bowls in the 70's."

Check out a NFL show "Steeler Nation" you can find it on youtube. It explains that when the steel mills closed down in the late 70s and early 80s the Pittsburgh area lost 48 percent of it's population. Ex Pittsburgh residents (all die hard Steeler fans for sure) scattered about the country searching for employment. There are Steeler bars in every major city in the country where expatriates can gather to watch their beloved team.
This is FAR from unique to the "Squeelers." There are Browns Backers clubs / bars all over the WORLD. As soon as I moved to Arizona a few months ago I found the local Browns chapter in Tucson. There are no less than 3 bars in Tucson alone that host the Browns Backers.

Last season when I was still in Ohio, my group became acquainted with a group of soldiers in Iraq that watched all the Browns games in the middle of the night there. This season many of them will be tailgating with my group in Cleveland.

I've met Browns fans who are natives of England, Germany, France, Mexico & Australia.

There were 20,000 Browns fans in attendence in Phoenix last year when Cleveland played there. The same thing happens every time we play in San Diego as well. The Southern California Browns Backers are the LARGEST out of area fan club of ANY sports team in ANY league. This is a fact.

And THAT is for a team that hasn't won a Championship in 44 years. Let's see the "Squeelers" manage even a fraction of that after they endure a few losing seasons....which I might add...will begin THIS season.

Doug

Old 08-01-2008, 11:22 AM

WikiAnswers - Which NFL team is the most popular and has the most fans

FUNNY....The Clowns are NOT even mentioned as one of the top 3 teams!! Not even the top 5!

Old 08-01-2008, 11:33 AM

Oh, and if that last post wasn't enough proof...here is another one which states that Browns fans are the most disappointed, dispirited fans in all of AMERICA The writer of the article even goes as far as saying Cleveland is a "sports fan's h*ll"

Everybody Has Their Home-Team Woes, But Who is Most Entitled to Grief? - The Student Life (http://www.tsl.pomona.edu/index.php?article=2424 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football