Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2013, 08:30 PM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times

Advertisements

OK, Cheeseheads, where are you? I'm thinking even with Clay out, the Packers can win this game, but you know me, forever the optimist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 06:47 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,654 times
I've been very impressed with the Packers defense this season since week 1. They seem to have an edge & toughness to them that reminds me a little of the 2010 defense. The run defense is especially looking strong. They're ranked 5th against the run & have done well against talents such as Ray Rice, Gore (& Kapernick), Morris (& RG3).

Then there is the Packers running game and they're #2 in rushing yards per attempt. #5 in rushing yards a game.

Could be an exciting year! Watch out for the sleeper Browns next week though.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:23 PM

Browns could be tricky but Lions beat them! I think the Packers "D" got tired of the soft label being overused. I also think Johnny Jolly being back has helped and he is a motivator on the sideline.

I still see posts, comments various places, even here about the "D" being bad. Have they watched lately? Reggie Bush, Ray Rice didn't do much against them.

Injuries are a concern of course and I wonder how long Cobb will be out, how bad his knee is. Browns just snapped a player off the practice squad, a WR I believe, bummer. I think Johnson was his name, could be wrong.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:30 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,128,476 times
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has an article that both injuries to Jones and Cobb may not be as severe as first appeared.

The Cobb injury did not look good------after mri and other testing we will find out soon.

They will have to find some help at wr soon------is Andre Rison still around? Just a thought-----maybe move Finley outside for a couple of weeks, and go with Quarles or Williams at te? I am sure TT will be looking at all available options.

The defense was good today except for the total breakdown on the third and 27 play in the fourth quarter. AJ Hawk is having a really good year-----he looks like a fired up player this year-----I think Capers turning him loose on blitz packages has helped his performance.

On the injuries to Cobb and Jones lets just hope for the best-----losing both for a significant period of time would be a big problem.

Last edited by jefffla01; 10-14-2013 at 01:42 AM..

Old 10-14-2013, 01:36 PM

Well, waiting to hear what McCarthy has to say about JJ and Randall at 3 p.m.! There is more bad news, Perry has a broken foot??? Have to see if that rumor is true! Mercy Martha, can this team not catch a break on the injury front???

Old 10-14-2013, 04:24 PM

Hearing conflicting report on Cobb, McCarthy said multiple weeks, heard a knee then a fractured fibula. He said, Jones might be able to play Sunday, Perry definitely not. If his is the Lis Franc like Cedric Benson had, that is a long time.

I heard they were trying to get a WR off the Broncos but don't players have a choice? Can't that player stay with the Broncos if he wants? I don't know how practice squads work, although I remember someone on the Packers p.s. choosing not to go to a team at the bottom of the league.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:29 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,142,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post

I heard they were trying to get a WR off the Broncos but don't players have a choice? Can't that player stay with the Broncos if he wants? I don't know how practice squads work, although I remember someone on the Packers p.s. choosing not to go to a team at the bottom of the league.
Not if he gets traded.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:40 PM

Aren't they free agents but do trades happen anyways? I'm not good about all the ins and outs, injury lists all that stuff.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:07 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,142,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Aren't they free agents but do trades happen anyways? I'm not good about all the ins and outs, injury lists all that stuff.

Free agent means they are not under contract with any team and are free to sign with any team.
"Getting a player off the Broncos" can only mean the player is currently under contract with the Broncos.

Some free agent WRs available: Brandon LLoyd (but he wants to be an actor now), Steve Breaston, Donald Jones, Early Doucet, etc. slim pickings out there ... Randy Moss!

Old 10-14-2013, 06:16 PM

Many rumors flying but the Denver WR one is not happening according to his agent. Of course, reading blogs/what people write on various Packer sources may not be accurate at all. TT is so conservative I can't imagine him doing anything real fast or that involves much money or draft picks.

Initial reports on Cobb, were oh, his knee, his knee, then ESPN oh he'll be back in 2 weeks, he has a fractured fibula, no way he is back in 2, closer to 8 I'm sure.

I've seen Randy Moss tossed around at those Packer sites, plus Donald Driver, too. Donald said he would stay football ready this season even though he retired, just in case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football