Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 08:41 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,190,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAborg View Post
That guys care most about physical beauty is indisputable (consistent with both evolutionary theory and many studies). So, ladies, unless there's $$$$$$$$ in it (in which it'd be business and fair game), why even pursue romantic relationships, in which guys care most about your physical beauty, which would inevitably fade and which would inevitably be beaten by a more beautiful woman (no matter how beautiful you are)? Plus, even if we lived in a Peter Pan world where women stay looking aged 20 forever, it's just so superficial and pointless. Is it not better to stay single forever, where we don't have to worry about the men we are attached to leaving us or fantasizing about leaving us for more beautiful women? This wasn't an option for women just a century ago, but today it is.

We marry so we can take half their stuff when they dump us.

Oh, and to get child support.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 08:43 AM

516 posts, read 430,828 times
I think the OP has a warped perception on men. Maybe due to relationship trauma in the past? Yes, at first, many men are physically attracted to a woman, but REAL love supersedes physical love. I mean, seriously...any man in his right mind looking for love isn't going to approach a woman that looks like June Shannon. I wouldn't.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:44 AM

516 posts, read 430,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post

Glad my wife signed a prenup......

Old 01-30-2017, 10:57 AM

997 posts, read 940,712 times
The OP is seriously ignorant.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and plenty of men love their wives. Men suffer more during a divorce.

That is from personal observation. Women are not barbie dolls, any more then men are Ken dolls. There are women who have those distorted expectations also. That isn't the kind of person you want to be in a relationship with because it is all about them and what they want. That isn't a relationship..Women don't want that and men don't want it either.

I have seen those nice versions of women dolls. They are more realistic and a big step up from a blow up doll. If that is what someone wants then it is a relatively inexpensive way to make that happen. There will be conflict but then you can just get a new one.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:40 AM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post

But you were already getting child support while married to him. It was automatically part of the package.You may have been contributing to the child support with your own earnings, or not, if you had no earnings. But he was already providing at least some of the child support. You don't win anything in that regard by divorcing.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:15 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,703 posts, read 81,529,753 times
Don't generalize the Hollywood relationships (or perhaps your own weakness?) to an entire gender. When you have been married 43 years like me, or even 20, hopefully you will realize that the initial physical attraction at age 19-20 is just that, an initial attraction. With the right wife, there is far more than looks that keeps us happy together.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:21 PM

2,793 posts, read 1,651,428 times
Because even men want to be loved and accepted. It starts with looks, but not always. Sometimes it really is chemistry between him and someone else first that leads to romance, not looks alone.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:38 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,518,647 times
If all men want is beauty - why did Prince Charles leave beautiful, young Diana for Camilla? - who looks like a horse BTW -

Because there is more than beauty - there is love, kindness, intelligence, empathy, sex, cooking skills,

Beauty attracts but does not keep a man in the long run.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:49 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,528,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzmark View Post
Glad my wife signed a prenup......
Was it signed under duress? Did she have her own attorney?

If its older than 10 years, many states will throw them out.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:06 PM

130 posts, read 105,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
If all men want is beauty - why did Prince Charles leave beautiful, young Diana for Camilla? - who looks like a horse BTW -

Because there is more than beauty - there is love, kindness, intelligence, empathy, sex, cooking skills,

Beauty attracts but does not keep a man in the long run.
Actually, Prince Charles left Camilla for Diana. Camilla was Charle's ex girlfriend when he proposed to the young Diana. Why didn't he marry Camilla before the younger Diana? Charles had an affair with Camilla behind Diana - true - but he wanted Camilla as the "mistress" and only after his marriage with Diana became problematic, which took a while to discover since they hadn't really had the chance to see if they were compatible. Also, he was 13 years her senior.

Speaking of the "royal family", did you know why Prince William fell in love with Kate Middleton? They had been friends and never had he paid any romantic attention to her except one night when he saw her for a fashion event, dressed in a scanty clothing.

Haha cooking skills - i agree with you on that! Very important to men, just third in importance after physical beauty and bedroom skills!

And what is romantic "love". It makes no sense anyways. It's all about procreation anyways,so basically in the context of romantic "love", it's " i love you because you have big eyes, young skin, and big breasts! <3 Till wrinkles do us part!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology