Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 10:25 AM

20,401 posts, read 14,689,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
Young females with squeaky, childish voices. This seems to be some genetic change.

Remember when women had lush, nice voices? Now the younger women sound like Mini Mouse.
That annoys me too, but I think there's still some variance in it. I think if there is more of a shift to higher voices over women having had "lush" voices in the past, might be because so many people were smokers in previous generations, and the younger folks are doing so a lot less. Smoking definitely affects your voice.

There is a movie I love called Bound, where a couple of lesbians try to outwit the mafia...and Jennifer Tilly is in it, and she's got this little breathless child voice that I just don't like. Sounds like the way she says practically everything is a weird affectation. If I knew someone like that, I'd have to seriously ask them, "Are you TRYING to do that, or is it just how you talk? Like...could you stop? If you wanted to? Or if I wanted you to? Because I kinda want you to. Please."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 11:00 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,491,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
You called the government?

The only thing government knows how to do is to waste your taxpayer dollars. It's laughable that you expected them to help you. Sorry.
Though what you said sounds vaguely reminiscent of many conspiracy theorists, I'd have to agree with you based on my actual experiences dealing with the government.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:16 AM

375 posts, read 319,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I had a generally annoying and inconvenient night last night.

First what should have been a 20 minute drive became over an hour due to a wreck. There were crashes all over the city yesterday right around rush hour, and no good reason for it! We've been getting torrential rain every evening for a couple weeks, and the one sunny day it's not pouring, apparently people drive like loonies and wreck their cars everywhere.

Then, I got trapped on my balcony. The lock mechanism, apparently, if it's sort of half-engaged, on my sliding door, will easily snap into position when you close that door if you're not careful (and believe me, I will be now!) My 15 year old son was inside, I banged and banged and rang his phone 20 times...nothing. The cat was no help, he sat on the other side of the room and stared at me. Finally, I noticed through the glass, that my front door was unlocked, so I hailed a passing neighbor and had them actually enter my apartment from the front and let me in.

Also, I am trying to do a jigsaw puzzle. I love them. But the cat wants to be involved (of course he does.) He keeps trying to grab individual pieces and throw them on the floor, or jump up and walk or lay on the puzzle. I turned around from doing the dishes and he was lying in the box on top of the pieces, in cat-loaf position with his paws tucked under him, like "What? This is totally normal." Annoying, but at least cute.

Oh boy, BTDT, getting accidently locked out of my apartment when the security bar plonked into place on the sliding door after I went out on the patio. At 2:00 AM, in my nightgown, keys and phone inside, front door locked and deadbolted. What a friggin ordeal THAT was!

Had to climb over the patio railing, barefooted it over the courtyard to my SO apartment, rap, rap, rap, RAP, on his door, more rapping, no answer, not answering phone, either. Carefully step through bushes, gravel and sticker grass to tap loudly on his window which got him up to answer door. Called on call maintenance emergency number and finally got someone to respond around 3AM. Only way in was through my attached garage which they had a key for. Thank God the door from the garage into the apartment was not deadbolted!!

Always was super careful about that damn security bar after that!!

Old 08-02-2017, 11:17 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,655,721 times
-Drivers with "Coexist" bumper stickers who can't even seem to coexist civilly on the same road as the other drivers.
- Bumper stickers bragging about the driver's child's intelligence or affliction.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:51 PM

28,941 posts, read 30,297,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
-Drivers with "Coexist" bumper stickers who can't even seem to coexist civilly on the same road as the other drivers.
- Bumper stickers bragging about the driver's child's intelligence or affliction.
yes, or drivers that tail gate! Grrrrrrrr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology