Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 04:13 PM

9,191 posts, read 6,368,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarite View Post
Some of the more nasty and aggressive people I encounter are involved with churches, so church is just as likely to wind people up these days as calm them down.
Yeah, some people use church as an excuse to be bad the rest of the time. They think that when they walk into the church on Sunday all their transgressions over the past week are automatically flushed away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 04:30 PM

11,149 posts, read 7,211,483 times
Churches have certainly whipped up their own sources of anger, while simultaneously driving away the traditional folks who only came to sing, praise, worship, and show love towards others. Yes, many churches in recent years have played a big part in this problem.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:37 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,428,331 times
Stress and and people's wants don't match what they can afford Too many people think they can have it all and they deserve it all. When that doesn't happen real life crashes on them.

Another one of the very many problems I see, and drives me crazy, is kids getting a trophy "for their effort" Life is not like that and sadly they will be very disappointed when they grow up and realize you don't get rewarded for everything.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:22 PM

12,792 posts, read 15,038,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I know what you mean. I think it's a combo of ALL of the following:

People just aren't nice or as nice as they used to be. They're less caring about others. More people are smug, entitled narcissists. No one raises anyone to not impose on others anymore.

Here's one example. Lately like in the last few yrs, I've noticed more often, when I'm on foot, I'm ALWAYS the one moving for them or around them and they stay walking in the middle like they own the whole path. Uh, we're both on this path together, so they need to move as equally as myself. No one person is more valuable than another to not move some!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
LOL, this is funny, not your post, but we talk about this one at work a lot....it never fails, when your walking down the hall, it is wide enough for two abreast, but if your walking towards them from the opposite direction, they will not move over. LOL, total lack of awareness...not to mention polite, and if you smile at them and say hello, they quickly put their head down as if your an ax murder. Honestly ya gotta laugh, how they have no social skills and are inept as far as manners.

If they go out the door, they won't hold it for you, they will let it slam in your face.

I honestly believe this is a parenting problem, kids are just not taught manners...
Say your walking into a convenience store, they don't know which is the indoor and which is the outdoor????
Yes, a lot of (didn't say all) people real a-holes. And parents aren't teaching their kids $#!t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology