Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 04:31 PM

380 posts, read 125,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
That IS the point. Angry white women are taking issues with black or other minority people for nothing important. You could understand the anger if they were mad about an assault or other attack.
Nobody is getting their heads bashed in is the point. Let them get upset.

BTW, I live in a black city and I regularly see black people acting like 'Karens' towards white people and other blacks.

Them murdering and attacking one another isn't always drug-related. Often it's about not being able to control their mouths and mind their own business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2020, 04:36 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
I don’t know about permissive parenting, but the losing their minds tirades are what I honestly don’t understand. And it is not as if I’ve never lost my mind over some small thing, either. It seems that the loss of self control comes because of a black person appearing in an unexpected place, or after someone has been told she must mask up. I witnessed an old lady of about my age act like a spoiled, willful child in COSTCO because she was told she had to wear a mask. It was recorded and posted. I saw her actually sit on the floor in protest. She canceled her COSTCO membership over it. She seemed to lose her mind.

A couple of weeks ago I was waiting at Kohl’s to do an Amazon return when I noticed a man with his mask pulled down. I assume he entered the store with it pulled up, and then pulled it down. We are mandated in WA to wear masks in stores. I was tempted to day something to him, but I have no authority over him, and causing a scene helps no one. Store personnel don’t want a headache like two customers having an argument. I gave him the stink eye, but said nothing.

Why can I, who have strong opinions, keep my mouth shut, but other women of my age cannot? Or, should I have said something?

Many of you have posted good insights. I think whatever the problem, it is with the angry white women. I probably will never understand it completely.
Personally if it were me, I'd say nothing, you cannot win with these people, why waste the energy, as they would most likely drain you emotionally.....I honestly believe they are mentally challenged...ya gotta feel sorry for them....however, they do scare me....we no longer have facilities for these border line mentally ill people....and I honestly believe we should....when I watch videos of them, can't help but wonder where they live and how they live?

Old 08-21-2020, 05:06 PM

6,305 posts, read 4,199,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Those are hardly the only 2 Karen issues.
Currently they are.

Old 08-21-2020, 05:08 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devdaen View Post
Yeah, I'll be 'that guy' ...

Cracks me up how society gets all bent out of shape about goofy white women who never really hurt anybody, yet somehow manage to ignore the daily black on white assaults, rapes and murders.
Actually, my thoughts were going in a different direction. Interesting how people are saying there's a crazy white woman problem over women getting loud and angry, while they seem to take the white guys in stride, who shoot people dead for jogging-while-Black, or walking-through-the-neighorhood-to-the-store while Black. Would it help, if the screaming women carried guns and used them? Would everyone calm down and view them as normal, then?

Old 08-21-2020, 05:40 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Actually, my thoughts were going in a different direction. Interesting how people are saying there's a crazy white woman problem over women getting loud and angry, while they seem to take the white guys in stride, who shoot people dead for jogging-while-Black, or walking-through-the-neighorhood-to-the-store while Black. Would it help, if the screaming women carried guns and used them? Would everyone calm down and view them as normal, then?
You can't seriously be comparing the two. There is black on white crime in every city every day. How often do your examples happen?

Adding "while Black" fits certain agendas. Sharpton comes to mind.

Old 08-21-2020, 06:09 PM

380 posts, read 125,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
You can't seriously be comparing the two. There is black on white crime in every city every day. How often do your examples happen?

Adding "while Black" fits certain agendas. Sharpton comes to mind.
Exactly.

Some people think black on white crime is a myth (or more likely, they choose to ignore it). I guess whatever helps them sleep at night ...

Old 08-21-2020, 06:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

After all, no one would look at these WalMart types otherwise...
You must be viewing different videos than the ones I've seen.

Old 08-21-2020, 08:31 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
So, I have a theory about Karens. I just finished reading about a Karen who took extreme umbrage at a black guy riding a bicycle on city property. The city is Winnetka, IL. She became so irate the police were called and she was ultimately charged with battery, because she slapped either the guy she was harassing, or another person.

Surely these harassing white women know they will be filmed? Surely they know people will ridicule them when they watch them as they lose their minds over basically nothing? Surly they know their actions show themselves to be racists? Why then do they, time and again, become a meme? I think they want the identification as racist. I think they like knowing their faces and angry voices are forever preserved. I can’t imagine why they allow themselves to lose control if they don’t.

Am I wrong? What do you think is going through the minds of these angry white women who are losing their minds over things that are simply not their business? Is their “privilege” so fragile they feel they must defend it all costs?

The only thing I can come up with, is they secretly like the attention.

Am I off base?
First of all, do you see any racism in stigmatizing only white women?
If not, what term/s do you have for black women or brown women who exhibit the same type of behavior?
If you do not feel that minority women act in the same manner as white women, isn't that racism personified?

Second, do you consider it sexist to only use sweeping generalizations to point out women, when I am sure there are some men who act similar?

Third, do you consider it ageism, since many a younger woman can act just as "nuts", if not more so?

As to your point of wanting to seek attention, there may be some validity to that, as social media addicts seem to crave attention, adulation, and a sense they are the center of the universe.

`

Old 08-21-2020, 11:40 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
Non-white people can be "Karens," but white Karens often bring some racism to the altercation, like that woman in Central Park who went full Karen on that birdwatcher.

Old 08-22-2020, 12:10 AM

16,076 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Non-white people can be "Karens," but white Karens often bring some racism to the altercation, like that woman in Central Park who went full Karen on that birdwatcher.
They can, but there seems to be some sort of assumption in this thread that it's mostly about racism. It isn't, but I think there is a lot of emphasis on that aspect lately because of all the unrest following the death of George Floyd.

I agree that some of it is about not being heard or validated, there is a LOT of frustration and anger over not being able to control a situation for many of these women (and sometimes men).
The ones who plan their stunts, maybe even film themselves, like the idiot at Gelson's, that's about attention, but I don't think most of the people who wind up on Karen videos have given any thought to being showcased on social media. Many in fact seem quite distressed when they suddenly realize that someone IS taking a video of the incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology