Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2023, 01:25 AM

8,159 posts, read 7,544,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
When I see those reality midget shows, I have always wondered if there was a [good] way to prevent someone into children from committing a crime by trying to set people up with adult midgets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPlatter View Post
You mean dwarfs? I mean they are small like children, but still have the facial features and body structures of adults.
OK guys, I think they prefer to be called Little People this century (correct me if there's a new one).

But how would you like to be set up with a pedophile because of your stature, knowing the guy is thinking to himself "OK, you're 26 but if I close my eyes I'll pretend you're 6"? In other words I think it's a bad idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2023, 07:38 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,239,889 times
Some countries are already trying to address the issue: to prevent children’s abuse by pedophiles.
That is the main objective.

“The dark field” program in Germany:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...re-they-offend

Some scary statistics mentioned

Last edited by L00k4ward; 03-07-2023 at 07:48 AM..

Old 03-07-2023, 10:51 AM

2,970 posts, read 1,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
OK guys, I think they prefer to be called Little People this century (correct me if there's a new one).

But how would you like to be set up with a pedophile because of your stature, knowing the guy is thinking to himself "OK, you're 26 but if I close my eyes I'll pretend you're 6"? In other words I think it's a bad idea.

Exactly. My neighbor is a little person, but she's a full human being. I highly doubt she'd be thrilled with the prospect of being a "child-decoy" for a pedophile.

Old 03-07-2023, 01:55 PM

17,548 posts, read 22,313,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I read an article a while back where the journalist interviewed people who were technically pedophiles but had never acted on their urges. It's very easy to condemn these people as monsters, but they didn't know who to talk to or where they could go to get help. They didn't want this for themselves or know how to deal with it. So they live with this sense of secrecy and deep shame.
Wonder if the "journalist" was really just into pedophilia and using his story as "cover".......same for cops who investigate it.

Old 03-07-2023, 03:55 PM

105 posts, read 66,263 times
I imagine the great majority were molested themselves.

I was close to someone who was molested and she was overly protective of it happening to her daughter to the point of what she was doing to protect her might be considered borderline molesting in itself.

I stayed out if it but it definitely was an extremely weird yet interesting dynamic that I didn’t know what to think

Old 03-07-2023, 04:06 PM

273 posts, read 202,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Some countries are already trying to address the issue: to prevent children’s abuse by pedophiles.
That is the main objective.

“The dark field” program in Germany:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...re-they-offend

Some scary statistics mentioned
Not surprised the services got swamped once non-Germans found out about it. That one guy who even moved to Germany from the UK and learned the German language because of the program seemed dedicated.

Old 03-07-2023, 04:10 PM

273 posts, read 202,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB83 View Post
I imagine the great majority were molested themselves.

I was close to someone who was molested and she was overly protective of it happening to her daughter to the point of what she was doing to protect her might be considered borderline molesting in itself.

I stayed out if it but it definitely was an extremely weird yet interesting dynamic that I didn’t know what to think
Wow. Did this woman constantly check her daughter's genitals after she was with other adults? That sounds borderline psycho. The human fear psyche is really something.

Old 03-07-2023, 05:26 PM

1,063 posts, read 926,537 times
"...this begs the question..."
raises the question.

Old 03-07-2023, 07:30 PM

105 posts, read 66,263 times
Quote:
Wow. Did this woman constantly check her daughter's genitals after she was with other adults? That sounds borderline psycho. The human fear psyche is really something.
Not exactly that but you’re in the ballpark

Old 03-08-2023, 02:37 PM

2,184 posts, read 1,102,874 times
Quote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...er/8768423002/

So I was reading through this article, and what fascinates me the most is how there is a lot of science saying that pedophilia is hardwired in the womb before birth. Most people confuse pedophiles with child molesters, which is why it is often used as the ultimate insult of disgust among society.

If pedophilia is hardwired like other sexual orientations, this begs the question: is there a way to tell that a child will become a pedophile when they get older? Are there certain bizarre behaviors that future pedophile children exhibit? Is the attraction only dormant when they are children and become active when they grow up? I really want to know!
It is not hard wired in the womb that is ridiculous. If that were the case, we would have all sorts of hard wiring going on. Drugs, Murder, Rape. We could test each unborn child to see what they were destined to do when born. What would you do if you knew? Auto abort? We aren't born on an assembly line to be put in "future" catagories.

What would you do if you knew? What do you think we would do with these unborn children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology