Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 12:16 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,630,936 times

Advertisements

My helix isn't sitting right on the dock, and will not work in the car dock. on the home dock i need to use a paperclip to hold it in place so it charges and receives signal. it wobbles left and right on the dock.
i *think* on of the metal tabs inside the radio's dock receiver port is bent the wrong way. let me try to describe.
Holding the radio, antenna to the left and screen away, looking into the docking port. on the left side there is a metal tab that faces up, pressed firmly against the left wall of the port. on the opposite side of mine there is a tab that looks like like the one described above, but it is laying down. pushed up against the small row of connectors. I think this one on the right is supposed to be standing up.
the attached pic has the red arrow pointing at the tab i think is bent. is this tab supposed to be standing up like the one on the left? Sorry for the crummy cell phone pic, if you need better i can take one when i get home...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio