Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2008, 12:41 PM

551 posts, read 1,875,975 times

Advertisements

Well, I did both. The DL place was in North Raleigh and had a pretty long line with no bathrooms. I just read the online manual, the test was easy. One tricky thing on road signs they showed the railroad sign without the X (just a circle) and the school sign empty (just like a little house.) The license plate was easy, went to Wake Forest, no line. The only thing to know is the Drivers License place wanted to see a non-laminated social security card. The License Plate place wanted an NC drivers license.

Glad that's over
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 06:52 PM

959 posts, read 4,494,091 times
Thanks for sharing That info will make doing it a little less scary. I'm such a slacker, we've been here since last April and haven't done either :P Won't let me give you jmore reputation points yet

Old 01-30-2008, 03:25 PM

46 posts, read 210,136 times
Here's a very good thread on this topic:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...aling-dmv.html

Old 01-30-2008, 03:39 PM

673 posts, read 2,267,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaze View Post
Well, I did both. The DL place was in North Raleigh and had a pretty long line with no bathrooms. I just read the online manual, the test was easy. One tricky thing on road signs they showed the railroad sign without the X (just a circle) and the school sign empty (just like a little house.) The license plate was easy, went to Wake Forest, no line. The only thing to know is the Drivers License place wanted to see a non-laminated social security card. The License Plate place wanted an NC drivers license.

Glad that's over
Also, proof of auto insurance with NC minimums or better.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:48 PM

189 posts, read 753,923 times
This made me stumble, too, because I thought it was a vision test. You are using a reader, just like a vision test. The segment immediately prior to testing your knowledge of the signs, based on color and shape, is indeed a vision test whereby you must read lines of letters. I didn't understand that the gears had shifted. Thankfully, I got enough right to pass, but it's something of which to be aware before walking through the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaze View Post
One tricky thing on road signs they showed the railroad sign without the X (just a circle) and the school sign empty (just like a little house.)

Old 03-31-2008, 02:53 PM

27 posts, read 81,490 times
is it necessary to change your license and license plate? i'm moving down for my master program, which is two years. i'm not sure if i'll be staying beyond that. however, i do want in-state tuition my second year. do i really need to get my license and license plate changed for two years? ugh, what a hassle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary