Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 05:08 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,570,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've not yet visited South Dakota, but the geography of South Dakota certainly provides reasons to visit.

People moving to Rapid City, I find it very fitting. Plenty of good hiking nearby. I hope you do well there.
Thank you very much for the encouragement. I haven't actually been there either, aside from driving past RC a million years ago. That is as close as I've ever gotten. The hiking is a big draw for me definitely. And it will be wonderful to have more services that I used to take for granted before landing in eastern Oregon. We even lost our Burger King a couple years ago, sheesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 09:42 PM

Well, I made it here in one piece, bless God. Had to give a lot of stuff away since it all wouldn't fit in my cargo van. And the 1158 mile trip, give or take, plus the loading, and unloading about killed me at 74, lol. Slept at 3 truck stops, and one Safeway parking lot, with permission. My Westie dog, and kitty were sure I had lost my mind. They may be right, lol.

Last edited by mlulu23; 10-11-2022 at 10:49 PM..

Old 10-12-2022, 09:12 AM

18 posts, read 33,784 times
Congratulations on your move to SD! I am sure you will love the Black Hills and everything it has to offer. Thank you for all the clips/links you've posted as I've missed the area.

Currently I am in Wisconsin, but had lived outside Keystone and, then, south of Pactola for 15 years. My sister and I have been trying to find a property for the last 2 1/2 years there but have had no luck. Hopefully the market will turn around.

Old 10-12-2022, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaneybird View Post
Congratulations on your move to SD! I am sure you will love the Black Hills and everything it has to offer. Thank you for all the clips/links you've posted as I've missed the area.

Currently I am in Wisconsin, but had lived outside Keystone and, then, south of Pactola for 15 years. My sister and I have been trying to find a property for the last 2 1/2 years there but have had no luck. Hopefully the market will turn around.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. It will take me a long while to get rested up from the move. But I'm grateful to have made it here safely. You are most welcome for the videos, and glad you enjoyed them. I hope they inspire others to also come here.

I do hope you, and your sister will find the perfect property that will also be affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City