Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:53 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,167,793 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I just got something in the mail regarding some sort of selection process that they have begun in Charlotte -- Five Star Best in Client Satisfaction Real Estate Agent for 2007. I almost tossed it right away, since I thought they were just asking for advertising money. When I read further, it seems that it is an independent survey of your clients over the past year. Apparently if your ratings pass a certain benchmark, you get this award. They say that 7% of agents in certain areas get this award.

You can pay for advertising in the Charlotte magazine, and also pay for the use of the logo. It is rather pricey, so I just wanted to check if anyone has heard of this in other cities, of if is just a way for people to get us to spend more money on advertising. Here is the website

FIVE STAR ProfessionalFIVE STAR Professional (http://www.fivestarprofessional.com/fivestar/home.do - broken link)

If anyone has experience with this, I would appreciate any feedback. TIA

Last edited by south.charlotte&union; 09-11-2007 at 11:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 01:02 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,767,401 times
I received the same thing and looked at the other agents boxes and didn't see anything. I asked around and nobody knew anything about it.

At first glance it looked like another advertising promo so I trashed it. I have enough advertising bills every month as it is and they work great!

Don't know but now that you are mentioning it maybe it was something legit. It's hard to pass something by me these days thats not sales related. I bet I receive at least 3 or 4 calls each day from some marketing rep. Don't even get me started on the junk e-mails.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:23 AM

I guess the lack of response leads me to believe that this would not be money well spent...if anyone has any experience with this group, please let me know Thanks

Old 01-08-2008, 06:59 AM

58 posts, read 221,800 times
I am also voted Best in Client Satisfaction 2007, haven't seen myself in the magazine yet. I know it's just me and one more Realtor in my office. My BIC got a letter from them. I am doing my own advertising online.

Angie

Old 01-08-2008, 01:11 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,155,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
Hi all,
I just got something in the mail regarding some sort of selection process that they have begun in Charlotte -- Five Star Best in Client Satisfaction Real Estate Agent for 2007. I almost tossed it right away, since I thought they were just asking for advertising money. When I read further, it seems that it is an independent survey of your clients over the past year. Apparently if your ratings pass a certain benchmark, you get this award. They say that 7% of agents in certain areas get this award.

You can pay for advertising in the Charlotte magazine, and also pay for the use of the logo. It is rather pricey, so I just wanted to check if anyone has heard of this in other cities, of if is just a way for people to get us to spend more money on advertising. Here is the website

FIVE STAR ProfessionalFIVE STAR Professional (http://www.fivestarprofessional.com/fivestar/home.do - broken link)

If anyone has experience with this, I would appreciate any feedback. TIA

South, I know of some agents that have done the "Five Star" route in my area. It appears to be nothing more than another way for someone to get in your pocket. It's not to dissimiliar from the Who's Who books that people bought in order to get their name in their.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:09 PM

I ended up taking a "low end" ad...lately I've been doing a bit of "I'll try it -- if it works then I'll do it again..." I'll let you all know how it goes.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:18 PM

26 posts, read 102,600 times
Sounds very similar. I was contacted for Washingtonian Magazine's Most Dependable Real Estate Agents. I had to be interviewed and pay $3500 for ad space. I passed.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:39 PM

58 posts, read 221,800 times
Charlotte City magazine said it would be in the Dec. 07 issue, but I never found an article.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:53 PM

It was in Charlotte magazine. I got a call from someone trying to sell me something

Old 01-08-2008, 06:55 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,767,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie Adams View Post
Charlotte City magazine said it would be in the Dec. 07 issue, but I never found an article.

It was in there and they all paid to be placed accordingly.

I bet they called me 10 times even though I never answered or returned one phone call. Not to mention the e-mails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals