Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 03:36 PM

43,324 posts, read 77,177,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Thank you everyone for their input!

Just to follow-up, I called the GA Real Estate Commission and they informed me that it is illegal to advertise a property without the owner(s) permission. After I heard that, I called my Broker and he will be calling the other agent's Broker informing them that we will not be paying a commission on the lease and filing a dispute with the Real Estate Commission.

I also contacted Craigslist to see if they can send me the old ad. I have the link but the post has been taken down by the "author". I also printed off other Craigslist ads by the same agent and the tenant has already written me a summary of her interactions with the agent.

Wish me luck!
Good job!

And, Good Luck!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 04:41 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,094,512 times
Update continued:

The tenants documented their experience with their agent. So I forwarded that along with the additional Craigslist posting that I found under his name, his email address and his cell phone number that match the Craigslist ads to his membership information in the multiple listing service and my email to the cyber crimes division that was written way in advance before I put two and two together all to my Broker.

My Broker made a call to his Managing Broker. She was appalled and shocked. She said she would have a talk with his immediate Broker.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:42 PM

145 posts, read 361,677 times
Yes, good luck! I post rentals on CL all the time, and have to be very vigilant about checking for scam postings of my rentals, and then contacting CL to remove them. Happens all the time. Grrr!

Old 03-25-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideATLCindy View Post
Yes, good luck! I post rentals on CL all the time, and have to be very vigilant about checking for scam postings of my rentals, and then contacting CL to remove them. Happens all the time. Grrr!
Thanks! I never imagined that a fellow Agent would try to steer business to him using my listing

Old 05-12-2013, 06:19 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,676,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Thanks! I never imagined that a fellow Agent would try to steer business to him using my listing
Any update on what happened to this guy?

Old 05-12-2013, 07:48 AM

My Broker had another conversation with his immediate Broker. The other Broker was flabbergasted and assured him that actions would be taken. The other Broker called my Broker back and thanked him again for calling this to their attention. All the Craigslists ad posted by "Aubrey" were taken down immediately (I have even conducted searches periodically to make sure he has not started back-up again). My Broker broached the topic of whether he was going to pay him the co-op fee. The other Broker said "but he brought you the tenant" and my Broker said yes but using my Agent's exclusive listing. My Broker finally paid the other Agent but it took a while since it was not high on his priority list of things to do The other Agent emailed me while I was on vacation asking (in a nice way) about his check. I just referred him to my Broker since obviously I do not cut the checks.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:02 AM

335 posts, read 670,622 times
You should call the police and CL main office in SF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals