Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 07:37 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,708,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Sounds like a conflict of interest. Regardless, anything with Nationstar in the name, I'm going the other direction.
+1

Nationstar is a nothing company - they bought their way into prominence by buying (and foreclosing on) the (worst of the worst) loans that the big guys didn't have the grapes to foreclose on. They did an awful job as a mortgage servicer and as an "agent of" the investors in those loans, and they've been teetering on the edge of the law in how they "do" short sales - (allowing the seller to "accept" an offer from a willing buyer, then use their portal to re-market the home & cut-out the agents on both sides, and many times the (contracted) buyer as well).

This is a company with no morals & no respect for the law & they still aren't big enough to get away with that for long.

They haven't come up with a new or exciting idea- they forced a bunch of short-sales through their portal, which many times caused the investors (and the taxpayers) in those deals to lose money & at the same time enhanced the profits of Nationstar.. only a matter of time before they get bitten in the ass for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 07:42 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,247,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
After you are here a while, you will be skilled at separating trolls from truth.
Reckon how long it'll take me to wise up?

Old 06-14-2015, 12:09 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,588,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
No matter what a website does there will be a need for a agent. They may not get the commission money they get now but who knows. Buying and selling a house is emotional enough. Look at a typical buyer and seller transaction. Deals fall apart over a few hundred dollar repair because idiots fixate on some stupid thing and it becomes all consuming on who "gives in" or not " give in". You really think people are adult enough to meet over a dinner table and hash out a 100-500k house deal much less a few million dollar deal? You have to be kidding. Most people can barely haggle over a car price without getting emotional or feeling "screwed"

For me? All I want is to know the actual process and terminology. This way when I'm explained something I don't sit there drooling with a lights are on but nobody home look on my face. I have come to believe in the if you can't or are unsure how to do something learn what the process entails so you're educated ( this way you avoid that aforementioned lights on nobody home expression) and get a pro to do it right.

Websites are great to give you info and get the ball rolling with info but someone still has to pound the ground
This is true - I have specifically told my agent before to tell a difficult offeror that I was NOT going to sell to them if they asked for even one more concession. If it was me talking to them directly, I would have undoubtedly told them to F-off. BTW they both were lawyers and they did buy the house and afterwards they filed a complaint against my agent (they really were aholes).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals