Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 03:16 PM

820 posts, read 1,745,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
She had gotten to a point where she thought I would find fault with every house I looked at. The house I ended up buying, I actually hated the photos so I didn't want to ask her to show me that one. Turns out it was more impressive in person.
Ok, did you have a conversation with her about it? I mean if someone is working for you, and they are not doing to to your liking, most of the time a conversation solves a lot of problems. Don't know the entire story, but if she made a conclusion based off of what you were telling her, then thats probably on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 09:08 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,500,628 times
You don't need to compensate. Explaining what happened with your health should be sufficient.

I was in a contract with my agent when I was looking at homes to buy. It expired in March. She still had the listing of the home I was selling. She never had me sign another contract with her at the end of March and I started looking at new construction that was going on in my area. I met with a builder several times and realized I could build a new home for less than existing homes I was looking at. My needs changed and I didn't require her services to help me with this. At first I felt bad, but I didn't require the agents services. I did apologize to the agent and she was fine with it.

Your agent will understand.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:09 AM

1 posts, read 423 times
If you have signed a buyer agency agreement with the agent, you could be obligated to pay her a commission as provided the the written agency agreement. The agreement probably has a provision to the effect that you will conduct all negotiations through her and that you will refer all communications from sellers to her. If you do not have a written agreement, you probably have no obligation regarding compensation. Ethically, in my opinion, whether or not you have a written agreement, you should inform her immediately that you are buying the property (if you have not already done that) so that she will not be wasting her time and other resources in finding you a suitable property.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:49 PM

26 posts, read 29,529 times
If you trust your agent and want to continue with your agent after your health procedure then You have to tell the truth to her. Just be straightforward. You should be trustworthy with your agent.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:43 AM

299 posts, read 379,586 times
Don't feel obligated.. that is their job... If you want give a starbucks gift certificate.

Old 10-15-2015, 04:40 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,818,456 times
A good way to compensate them is to give referrals for qualified buyers especially if they need to buy a place fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals