Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Real Estate: bankruptcy, mortgage, interest rates, housing market, bail out.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 05:32 PM

982 posts, read 1,103,209 times

Advertisements

I think a lot of you really, really need to go outside, take a deep breath and enjoy the fact that you're still healthy and alive and forget about the sky falling for a while.

I couldn't live like that, honestly. All gloom and doom ALL THE FREAKING TIME!! Sheesh.

/rant off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 07:14 PM

43,428 posts, read 77,366,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
Let me think..

I calculated my ability to pay XX amount for a monthly mortgage. I researched and identified a home that was within my price range not only at that time, but one that I could afford shoudl either my wife or I find ourselves staring at the face of unemployment. I am in the same home 5 years later and have garnered good equity as I bought on the low side of the market 5 years ago.

For my diligence, I am now faced with the fact that I could very well have to pay higher mortgage rates should I decide to sell, or buy another home within the next many months, or year even.

BUT, the person who was, and let's call a spade a spade, FOOLISH enough to sign up for some ridiculously low tiered mortgage with high level resets (ARM) suddenly realizes that they can't afford their home? Well, color me purple and call me stupid... HELLO.. they couldn't afford the home in the FIRST PLACE and now *I* am held accountable for THEIR actions.

The government has NO BUSINESS trying to disprove what PT Barnum said many years ago about a fool and his money. Let the market shakeup do what it is going to do. Allow people with the financial means to soak up a good part of the foreclosures, possibly creating a decent rental market for those who obviously could not truly afford to buy a home, or at least a home the scale at which they bought, and let's move on.

I'm sick and tired of seeing more and more of my hard earned $$ go to subsidies/bailouts that benefit those most undeserving..

Rant off.
I disagree.

I think it was not old P. T. who said, "A Fool and His Money are soon Parted."
And I am willing to disprove it.

I believe P. T. gets even more credit for having said, "There's a Sucker born every Minute."
And that credit, too, is inaccurately assigned.

Whew.
Hard part done.

We now return you to your favorite bailout programming.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:48 PM

56 posts, read 56,151 times
Politicians should stop printing money. Real money will keep everybody honest and the real estate market
destroyed for decades as it should be due to the actions of previous administrations.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:18 PM

162 posts, read 200,244 times
Well since these posts were from 2009...it didn't happen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals