Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 07:37 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,052,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofin99 View Post
Hi!

I worked for Red Barn Real Estate. They just merged with Fathom, and I'm really happy so far. They are a forward thinking, cloud based, Real Estate Broker. They have a flat fee per transaction, and they offer endless training and tools. They give back to their agents in stocks because they believe we are the ones who make the company successful. They believe in sharing that.
I would be happy to talk more if you'd like. I know how difficult it is to find the right fit. I originally signed on with Red Barn because I liked the small, family culture. Being that Fathom is cloud based, they worked an arrangement into the acquisition for The Red Barn brick and mortar building to remain and become an office for Fathom. Since they agreed, and we still have our building, not much has changed. Just improvements in my opinion.
. . . and what kind of bonus/profit share/revenue share/stock/whatever do you get for bringing in new agents that made it worth reviving a thread that's been totally dead for 7 months?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 08:30 AM

2 posts, read 576 times
I'd recommend spending a few weeks studying and meeting with other brokers in your area if you have that much self-motivation and desire to be your own boss.

Old 05-29-2021, 09:35 AM

10,971 posts, read 22,008,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
. . . and what kind of bonus/profit share/revenue share/stock/whatever do you get for bringing in new agents that made it worth reviving a thread that's been totally dead for 7 months?
I love when new agents start trying to recruit! Because that's who I want advice from, right?

Old 05-31-2021, 06:21 AM

43,356 posts, read 77,229,425 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I love when new agents start trying to recruit! Because that's who I want advice from, right?

Recruiting agents often lose sight of the prime focus in real estate. It is NOT about the company perks and fun stuff. It's not about recruiting first, and working later.
It is about serving clientele to the very best of your ability.

There are just far too many agents blowing about sharing profits, or getting stock, or getting "freebies," or working at low-fee agencies, who aren't properly trained or supervised, who just don't belong in the business, for anyone to take anonymous recruiters seriously.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:56 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,243,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Recruiting agents often lose sight of the prime focus in real estate. It is NOT about the company perks and fun stuff. It's not about recruiting first, and working later.

There are just far too many agents blowing about sharing profits, or getting stock, or getting "freebies," or working at low-fee agencies, who aren't properly trained or supervised, who just don't belong in the business, for anyone to take anonymous recruiters seriously.
You have no idea how competitive the essential oil and weight-loss business has become. Not to mention as an agent you don't have to post before/after pics on Facebook.

Old 05-31-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
You have no idea how competitive the essential oil and weight-loss business has become. Not to mention as an agent you don't have to post before/after pics on Facebook.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFlCD5CYAcU

Old 06-02-2021, 07:07 AM

Quote:

Some of these guys (like our friend here from Red Barn/Fathom) are just SO transparent.

At my office, they are always pushing us to recruit. I'm not that big on recruiting but if I come across an agent that I think would be a good fit and who would benefit from joining our office then I try to talk to them about that. Sometimes, they agree that making the move would help and sometimes not. Even though officemates in this industry are not really "co-workers" I have a higher threshold for wanting someone to join my office than just having a pulse.

Old 06-02-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Some of these guys (like our friend here from Red Barn/Fathom) are just SO transparent.

At my office, they are always pushing us to recruit. I'm not that big on recruiting but if I come across an agent that I think would be a good fit and who would benefit from joining our office then I try to talk to them about that. Sometimes, they agree that making the move would help and sometimes not. Even though officemates in this industry are not really "co-workers" I have a higher threshold for wanting someone to join my office than just having a pulse.

I get a lot of calls lately from recruiters calling for agents from KW, Fathom, EXP, etc.
These mopes are actually hiring telemarketers in a massive attempt to irritate as many people as possible.

And, Texts. I get the texts.
Wrong focus, people.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:02 AM

10,971 posts, read 22,008,472 times
Quote:
I get a lot of calls lately from recruiters calling for agents from KW, Fathom, EXP, etc.
These mopes are actually hiring telemarketers in a massive attempt to irritate as many people as possible.

Wrong focus, people.
JPAR real estate is new in my market. Constant calls...they call about 3 weeks. CB is bad also. Last one was from a Texas number, and he told me based on my production I qualified to work at CB and receive a bonus. It was laughable. I'd hope being a top 20 producing agent out of 5000 agents in my market, I'd be qualified to work at CB. In fact, just having a pulse does the trick. That was humorous to me at least. JPAR is just annoying.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:

Wrong focus, people.
I've been inundated with recruiting calls this year. It's definitely worse than in years past. I haven't been getting calls from telemarketers though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
JPAR real estate is new in my market. Constant calls...they call about 3 weeks. CB is bad also. Last one was from a Texas number, and he told me based on my production I qualified to work at CB and receive a bonus. It was laughable. I'd hope being a top 20 producing agent out of 5000 agents in my market, I'd be qualified to work at CB. In fact, just having a pulse does the trick. That was humorous to me at least. JPAR is just annoying.
I don't know if you have Compass in your market but they have a similar Schtick. They say they don't take "new" agents and that you have to meet certain performance marks for them to be able to recruit you but the bar seemed pretty low. The truth is they do take newly licensed agents but they need to be put on a team in order to get mentoring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals