Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 08:14 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,030,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Nope.
Not the case.
But, one I had not seen before.

I get Inman at $99/year. That is all it is worth, if that much. Never $199.
I like to jab Jay Thompson for endlessly trolling and shilling for Zillow.
$99!!!! I'd sooner give that money to Zillow!

Does Inman have a discussion forum? I haven't seen any posts from Jay in years. He used to be on some of the Facebook groups. He was always the one shouting the loudest "ZILLOW IS YOUR PARTNER!!! WE WILL NEVER BE YOUR COMPETITION!!!!" Well, I guess we can see how that worked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 05:21 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
$99!!!! I'd sooner give that money to Zillow!

Does Inman have a discussion forum? I haven't seen any posts from Jay in years. He used to be on some of the Facebook groups. He was always the one shouting the loudest "ZILLOW IS YOUR PARTNER!!! WE WILL NEVER BE YOUR COMPETITION!!!!" Well, I guess we can see how that worked out.
I think I get my $99 worth. They scoop a lot of national real estate news.
I comment on articles regularly. It is fun to poke at old dog knuckledragger agents, almost as much as poking at Jay Thompson.
He has an article posted about every week on Inman.

Yeah, Jay sold his soul for a regular paycheck. He "retired" from Z, so now he just shills for the pleasure of it.

Old 02-05-2021, 06:58 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,030,644 times
Quote:
I think I get my $99 worth. They scoop a lot of national real estate news.
I comment on articles regularly. It is fun to poke at old dog knuckledragger agents, almost as much as poking at Jay Thompson.
He has an article posted about every week on Inman.

Yeah, Jay sold his soul for a regular paycheck. He "retired" from Z, so now he just shills for the pleasure of it.
Yeah. IIRC he had some medical issues and that's why he retired. So, he's still out there spreading the "good" word eh? Didn't know that. It's really a shame because before he sold his soul to the Z-devil he had a great blog about real estate technology. I can't recall what the name of it was.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
Yeah. IIRC he had some medical issues and that's why he retired. So, he's still out there spreading the "good" word eh? Didn't know that. It's really a shame because before he sold his soul to the Z-devil he had a great blog about real estate technology. I can't recall what the name of it was.
I didn't know about medical issues. Yes, he was a regular contributor on ActiveRain, too. That is where I first came across him.

Old 02-05-2021, 01:35 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,446,371 times
Quote:
I didn't know about medical issues. Yes, he was a regular contributor on ActiveRain, too. That is where I first came across him.
Jay had a heart attack a while back and lost a bunch of weight. His wife asked him to retire so they could travel more so he did. They did a lot of traveling pre-Covid. He takes some really gorgeous photos that you would appreciate as a hobbyist.

Old 02-06-2021, 10:46 AM

11,828 posts, read 34,444,869 times
He now lives in Texas. Most of what he says is to inform the uninformed. Which by any measure is a lot. There is so much misinformation out there right now...

Z feels a lot of pressure to be profitable. They seem desperate to me. This Ibuying thing is getting them there ever so slowly. I think it’s too little to late.

Old 02-06-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
He now lives in Texas. Most of what he says is to inform the uninformed. Which by any measure is a lot. There is so much misinformation out there right now...

Z feels a lot of pressure to be profitable. They seem desperate to me. This Ibuying thing is getting them there ever so slowly. I think it’s too little to late.
Motley Fool dude lists Z as one of their "10 stocks to buy in February."
And, I am hanging on by a hair to see Surbiton's take on their earnings report on 2/10.

Old 02-06-2021, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post

They will become a brokerage with employees in all cities soon like Redfin. They will refer out the excess business to local agents when they get too much and then have their ibuying program. That's what I think anyway.

I think there will be a lot of upheaval after that class-action lawsuit goes to trial for anti-trust.

Old 02-06-2021, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
They will become a brokerage with employees in all cities soon like Redfin. They will refer out the excess business to local agents when they get too much and then have their ibuying program. That's what I think anyway.

I think there will be a lot of upheaval after that class-action lawsuit goes to trial for anti-trust.
"Upheaval?"
And, that is why I give Inman $99/year...

To watch the old dog knuckledraggers plot, scheme, and writhe...

Old 02-06-2021, 07:02 PM

Quote:
"Upheaval?"
And, that is why I give Inman $99/year...

To watch the old dog knuckledraggers plot, scheme, and writhe...
You aren't seeing it in your market?

We are having builders require that MLS buyer agents give up their buyer clients and that their listing agent has to represent both sides to cut fees way down. We have craziness happening over here. The older agents can't handle having to negotiate their fee directly with the buyer.

People have lost their minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals