Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 04:26 PM

43,539 posts, read 77,601,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
In this market those brokers all have a list of people looking for a house, and as soon as they have seen it they will start putting together the short list of people that would be interested. Would it sell just as fast without that Brokers open? Probably, but the more buyers that see it the better chance of a bidding war driving up the price.
So... You get 20 brokers to a brokers open.

8 of them are there to support the listing agent who comes from their office. 5 of those 8 are new licensees with nothing better to do but come around to hopefully absorb the wisdom of older agents.
7 of them come out for the wine and cheese and sit around the kitchen island telling war stories and chatting about their grandkids.
3 of them have clients.
2 clients want a different floor plan.
One client is preapproved and wants something similar in a different school district.

Or, you put it onto the MLS and let 8,000 agents (in my MLS) see it. 8,000 vs. 1 or 2? I'll risk that 8,000....
And, get 75 showings in 3 days.

We just do things with our listings that really only appeal to sellers who heard from their in-laws or Google that is how stuff is done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 11:52 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,518,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ea1420 View Post
I work exclusively from home. Because of the number of showings my realtor anticipates, she doesn’t want me at home. She’s asked me to move out for the weekend, which I plan to do..
Where is she putting you up?

Old 03-31-2021, 09:14 AM

41,008 posts, read 49,475,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ea1420 View Post
So I think Diana’s theory is correct. My realtor doesn’t want my house to go live on
Thursday and if it doesn’t get the whole day on the market. Houses here sell in their first weekend unless they are grossly overpriced and so any extra time on the DOM clock can count against you (typically once you start to hit day 3-4).
You just want to have your house on the market Thursday and have in the MLS that agents to have their highest and best offers to your agent by 6pm Sunday (or such).

That will expose it to the market and give agents time to get their offers to your agent.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:16 AM

41,008 posts, read 49,475,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
LOL, I had a client who said he would take his dog and just drive around while his house was being shown. After 2 days and 30 showings he called and said "Take this damn house off the market".

That was a lot of driving around. But I warned him.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:19 AM

11,029 posts, read 22,098,738 times
Don't know what the heck the point of a broker open is before listing. The more people that see it the better. I'd want it on MLS yesterday and I wouldn't care about the BO.

Brokers opens are pointless. It's exposed to 20 hungry agents with nothing better to do. Agents don't go to a house to see if it may be a good fit for someone they know and the start calling buyers to tell them about the house. Agents have a buyer or they don't.

I can put it on the MLS and expose it to the 5000 agents in my market and all the buyers on the internet immediately. If I good photos the buyer will call the agent and ask to see that house. If they like it they buy it. Heck, sold one in 2 hours on Monday and didn't even allow in person showings until it went under contract because it renter occupied.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:28 AM

347 posts, read 431,799 times
Quote:
No where. But, it’s common that you go out of town for the weekend, because there are typically back-to-back showings. And, I’ll take finding somewhere else to stay for the weekend rather than having my house on the market for months.

Old 03-31-2021, 07:40 PM

9,205 posts, read 6,401,302 times
My house was listed on Monday. Six showings. Full ask same day. Accepted first full ask offer proffered.

No more showings. No one traipsing through my home. Not interested in bidding war. Asking price was fair price for me. Get the d**m thing sold. Very pleased with process.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
LOL, I had a client who said he would take his dog and just drive around while his house was being shown. After 2 days and 30 showings he called and said "Take this damn house off the market".

That was a lot of driving around. But I warned him.
Funny story. Extra points for getting my sarcasm.

Quote:

Old 04-01-2021, 02:32 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,549,670 times
I listed a house last week for an elderly man with health issues, and a 64 yr old stepson with cerebral palsy that uses a wheelchair for the most part, and 3 small dogs. Since them leaving the house all day, or repeatedly throughout the day wasn't an option, i did a fri open house 4:30-6:30, and sat and sun 2:30-5:30. Presented offers mon afternoon. All disclosed in listing, and in showing instructions.
Had multiple offers.
Maybe something like this would work for you. Go to a friends and work there for a few hours each day. If its a hot mkt, you will get multiple offers.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
I listed a house last week for an elderly man with health issues, and a 64 yr old stepson with cerebral palsy that uses a wheelchair for the most part, and 3 small dogs. Since them leaving the house all day, or repeatedly throughout the day wasn't an option, i did a fri open house 4:30-6:30, and sat and sun 2:30-5:30. Presented offers mon afternoon. All disclosed in listing, and in showing instructions.
Had multiple offers.
Maybe something like this would work for you. Go to a friends and work there for a few hours each day. If its a hot mkt, you will get multiple offers.
If it's a hot market, why did they have to leave the house for eight hours spread over three days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals