Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 02:28 PM

43,431 posts, read 77,376,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Sure... but I haven't personally been witness to any "crappy behavior" by anyone at eXp - and without being able to see the article... I don't even know what is being alleged there, nor do I know a thing about "Ramsey" or referral programs, because we've never participated in them. So... I don't have much to say. I am just happy to know an apparent celebrity.
Ah... just EXP or Ramsey... Yeah, that narrows the scope.
I just get pumped by EXP recruiting regularly, along with several other firms. Telemarketers, mostly.

Dave Ramsey? I just tend to be skeptical about people whose promoted value proposition includes bragging about religion or veteran status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2021, 02:39 PM

14,587 posts, read 12,263,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Ah... just EXP or Ramsey... Yeah, that narrows the scope.
I just get pumped by EXP recruiting regularly, along with several other firms. Telemarketers, mostly.

Ah well, they may be hitting agents at big firms harder. Being at a small "boutique" firm now, I don't get those kinds of calls. They know they can't beat the deal we have already.

Old 06-25-2021, 02:48 PM

43,431 posts, read 77,376,329 times
Quote:
Ah well, they may be hitting agents at big firms harder. Being at a small "boutique" firm now, I don't get those kinds of calls. They know they can't beat the deal we have already.
No one would mistake me for a big firm.
Big service? Fer Shurr!

Over the winter, I was getting hit up hard by a KW agent in California, I believe. Just pestering honest law-abiding tax-paying citizens and trying to build that downline. Sheesh.

Old 06-25-2021, 02:54 PM

14,587 posts, read 12,263,586 times
Quote:
No one would mistake me for a big firm.

But you are a published celebrity!

Old 06-25-2021, 03:20 PM

10,997 posts, read 22,042,241 times
Can you copy and paste? I wanted to read that but I just got off Inman because I dropped my subscription. I got tired of the Inman schtick so didn't care to pay for it anymore.

The very last article I read and commmented on was the prelude to that and I saw Mike had also thrown in his 2 cents. It was basically a giant spinfest for all parties.

Dave won't miss exp. There'll always be agents willing to pay for business. I passed on being a referral partner because I found it ludicrous I had to pay to play and go through their coaching program. Personally, I felt it was about the money and not actually seekin g quality agents. Maybe I'm wrong, but that was how I felt about it.

Old 06-25-2021, 03:48 PM

15,603 posts, read 40,539,112 times
I see referrals coming to you Mike from all over the country because you used the word shenanigans. ;-)

You are going to become Inman's go-to indie broker!

Out here eXp is recruiting and growing like crazy. We will see if that translates into more of a cut of the business out here or not, but I have generally had good experiences with their agents so far. Now that they are in expansion mode, we will see, but so far they are better than KW agents.

Old 06-25-2021, 11:41 PM

449 posts, read 196,666 times
Quote:
But you are a published celebrity!

could be wrong, but I think the may have a "different" reference to his statement ...

Old 06-27-2021, 06:15 PM

8,578 posts, read 12,471,635 times
Quote:
Somehow, I knew this would come around...

Mike, you're a legend. (I won't even add those four customary words.)

Old 06-27-2021, 08:02 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,276,946 times
I am apparently out of the loop....

Quote:
When personal finance guru Dave Ramsey began kicking eXp Realty agents out of his elite referral program earlier this month, it was the shot heard round the real estate world. Agents told Inman they felt betrayed, and with radio silence from Ramsey’s company Ramsey Solutions, the incident prompted widespread industry debate about what exactly was going on.
Personally, "compensation transparency" should start with "Who is making money off of your home buying/selling transaction?"

Old 06-27-2021, 08:17 PM

148 posts, read 115,155 times
Here’s a link to the article on a free website:

https://newfinancemagazine.com/exp-d...rral-programs/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals