Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 12:20 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,349,061 times

Advertisements

Inspections are passing. I've got a contract, thankfully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 02:48 PM

9,209 posts, read 6,248,949 times
As a buyer, I would not accept any inspections proffered by the seller. The seller is not obligated to provide negative reports and he may have hired inspectors who are known for not being too discerning.

I will pay for the inspections and hire my own inspectors who are responsible to me.

When I sold my house, the buyers paid for all inspections and only shared the portions for which they wanted a price adjustment. I ignored the details because they were "good buyers" who were well qualified and wanted to close quickly. I made a small price concession and was done.

Old 03-19-2022, 03:31 PM

43,356 posts, read 77,229,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
As a buyer, I would not accept any inspections proffered by the seller. The seller is not obligated to provide negative reports and he may have hired inspectors who are known for not being too discerning.

I will pay for the inspections and hire my own inspectors who are responsible to me.

When I sold my house, the buyers paid for all inspections and only shared the portions for which they wanted a price adjustment. I ignored the details because they were "good buyers" who were well qualified and wanted to close quickly. I made a small price concession and was done.
I would absolutely accept a seller inspection. That would not prevent me from having my own inspections performed by professionals of my choice.
And, with the diligence I take to look at properties, I may pass on my own pro inspections. But, that is just me. I wouldn't recommend that to clients.

Sharing another inspection report might even help my inspector with his work. I also share seller disclosures and agent disclosures with my inspector.
I wouldn't want to work with an inspector who was not open to other input.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 03-19-2022 at 03:53 PM..

Old 03-20-2022, 09:02 AM

It's a little different here where inspector choices are severely limited. We hired reputable Inspectors.

Otherwise you're paying for someone to drive an hour and a half, if you can find anyone willing to do that.

Old 03-20-2022, 10:04 AM

6,495 posts, read 10,381,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
It's a little different here where inspector choices are severely limited. We hired reputable Inspectors.

Otherwise you're paying for someone to drive an hour and a half, if you can find anyone willing to do that.
Sounds like a first world problem.

Old 03-20-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Sounds like a first world problem.
It's a living-in-the-middle-of-the-desert problem.

All I'm saying, in response to a previous post, if the buyer wanted to hire their own septic, well, roof inspectors, they'd probably be using the same ones I hired.

The buyers are paying for a home inspector. It's the same guy as when I bought it a year and a half ago. I can't wait for him to see the improvements.

Old 03-20-2022, 07:27 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,849,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

Sharing another inspection report might even help my inspector with his work. I also share seller disclosures and agent disclosures with my inspector.
I wouldn't want to work with an inspector who was not open to other input.
Agreed! The more information I can get beforehand the better.

Old 03-20-2022, 07:39 PM

Just fyi
https://www.coldwellbanker.com/prope...featured-photo

Old 03-21-2022, 08:37 AM

1,499 posts, read 802,643 times
As a real estate agent I always prefer for the buyers to pay for the inspections so that they have some skin in the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals