Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 04:32 PM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times

Advertisements

One agency sends me new listings each week. I'm seeing a few with only one exterior photo and request a showing. Have any of you used that approach and why you have (or might) or why not? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 05:57 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
If I was looking and when I am looking in the future - one photo.... done for me - outta there. Why waste someone's time if the rooms don't work? People want to know the landscape, the actual rooms, etc.

Old 07-15-2022, 06:32 PM

6,470 posts, read 10,332,410 times
When I was a realtor until 2014, our MLS could be set to send listings with one photo to clients with the ability to click on an embedded link to view the photo gallery in more detail. I imagine it is the same for many MLS across the nation.

It usually only takes 1 photo and a property description/detail to decide if you want to see more or not and that's why. Don't try telling anyone that it is too much effort to click an embedded link to view more. Let's be realistic and keep it simple.

Old 07-15-2022, 07:23 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
One agency sends me new listings each week. I'm seeing a few with only one exterior photo and request a showing. Have any of you used that approach and why you have (or might) or why not? Thanks.
Lots of possible reasons...

Brand new listing that had to go up today but the pictures aren't done. Maybe they'll be up tomorrow

Investor listing with hostile squatters in it that won't allow pictures or it's full of junk.

Lazy listing agent.

No, I've never done any of them. You'd have to call to find out which reason is true.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:15 PM

6,814 posts, read 11,531,564 times
In today’s crazy real estate world, realtor might think “why waste time/money on photos, it will be under contract in 24 hours.”

The house next door to mine just sold after 6 hours on the market without the buyers ever setting foot in it.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:17 PM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
In today’s crazy real estate world, realtor might think “why waste time/money on photos, it will be under contract in 24 hours.”
The house next door to mine just sold after 6 hours on the market without the buyers ever setting foot in it.

Some investors from out of state see a listing and make a phone call and by it unseen. This is why poor people looking for a home can't get one. The investors dominate a certain price range.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:37 PM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post

Brand new listing that had to go up today but the pictures aren't done. Maybe they'll be up tomorrow

Investor listing with hostile squatters in it that won't allow pictures or it's full of junk.

Lazy listing agent.

No, I've never done any of them. You'd have to call to find out which reason is true.
This is true for here as well.

Our landlord-tenant laws have veered toward craziness so many investors are dumping single-family homes with tenants in them. As such, we have a lot of homes with just one photo or just exterior photos since the tenants either don't want the interior photographed or it is so messy, that you can't take good photos.

Old 07-18-2022, 07:25 AM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post

Lazy listing agent.

I have one of those right now with an uncooperative tenant. They are so odd about interior photos sometimes, because they don't want their stuff on the internet.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:16 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,393 times
still looking, eh?

Old 07-18-2022, 09:43 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I have one of those right now with an uncooperative tenant. They are so odd about interior photos sometimes, because they don't want their stuff on the internet.
And it's almost an impossible sale. It's almost always best to just get them out, clean the place up and get it listed.

They make it too difficult and usually a mess of a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals