Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2024, 09:10 PM

301 posts, read 176,335 times

Advertisements

I already know I don't technically need a buyer's agent to buy. I bought a cheap 34k house directly from a middleman who used a reputable title company to execute everything.

But from a realtor/ seller's agent point of view... What are your thoughts? Let's say there's a cheap mobile home and a buyer (myself) approaches the listing agent directly without having a buyer's agent? It's just my instinct to do this, especially when I know exactly what I want, the value, and what to look for in a home. I believe in agents getting commission but I just don't see the need to involve two agents for a low value property. Do you guys feel the same or should I reconsider this approach?

It must be hard being a realtor with all the flippers and difficult people and financing going on. Would you prefer I approach you with an agent or attorney, or do it myself if I'm capable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2024, 05:28 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
I already know I don't technically need a buyer's agent to buy. I bought a cheap 34k house directly from a middleman who used a reputable title company to execute everything.

But from a realtor/ seller's agent point of view... What are your thoughts? Let's say there's a cheap mobile home and a buyer (myself) approaches the listing agent directly without having a buyer's agent? It's just my instinct to do this, especially when I know exactly what I want, the value, and what to look for in a home. I believe in agents getting commission but I just don't see the need to involve two agents for a low value property. Do you guys feel the same or should I reconsider this approach?

It must be hard being a realtor with all the flippers and difficult people and financing going on. Would you prefer I approach you with an agent or attorney, or do it myself if I'm capable?
It isn't the price. It is the process.
Many agents would prefer you have an agent who would shoulder some responsibility AND liability, and to take on some of the communication burden.

I did a few really low-price deals, and lemme tell ya, all the money or half the money, there still wasn't enough money to make the deals worth more than the reward of client satisfaction and getting a story to tell.

Old 02-20-2024, 09:48 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
A lot of states do not allow a real estate licensee to sell a mobile home.

If you wish to have an advocate or a transaction broker, have one. If you don’t, you don’t.

Old 02-20-2024, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It isn't the price. It is the process.
Many agents would prefer you have an agent who would shoulder some responsibility AND liability, and to take on some of the communication burden.

I did a few really low-price deals, and lemme tell ya, all the money or half the money, there still wasn't enough money to make the deals worth more than the reward of client satisfaction and getting a story to tell.
From my experience it seems many agents don't want to be involved with cheaper properties. I think I experienced a couple transactions where the realtor didn't make much money. But at the same time I was on the ball, not wishy washy or dragging my feet or haggling over the price. It seems like the new agents are the ones who handle cheap properties and often it's not their full time dedicated job, so the property ends up sitting on the market, even though people are interested in it. Some simple questions with unknown answers are asked and eventually they move on and find something else.

I'm going to get an agent.

Old 02-20-2024, 11:08 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post

If you wish to have an advocate or a transaction broker, have one. If you don’t, you don’t.
When a manufactured home is on a lot and considered an improvement, I can sell it.
When it is chattel, no land? That is used car dealer territory.

Old 02-20-2024, 01:48 PM

Quote:

When I said mobile, I meant a double wide manufactured home, my bad. The single wides are cash only but the one I'm looking at is well established on the land where it will stay.
I'm buying land with the home on it, all in one transaction.

Alright, will see if I can't get a realtor.

Old 02-20-2024, 02:04 PM

6,470 posts, read 10,332,410 times
Quote:
Florida would not be one of them.

Old 02-21-2024, 07:47 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,498,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Florida would not be one of them.

Without land attached to the sale, why would a real estate licensee want to venture here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals