Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2024, 10:26 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone has a good alternative to ShowingTime. I don't like giving my money to big Z so I don't use ST. I was thinking about maybe using a showing scheduling service going forward though. I remember Home Snap was offering one but apparently now that they are Homes.com that's no longer the case or at least I can't find it. Anyone have a service they would suggest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2024, 11:31 AM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
I wish. Our MLS uses showingtime and it's included in our dues. The Big Z buys everything up. They already have end to end capabilities. We use Followup Boss and the Big Z just bought them also.

Old 03-01-2024, 11:51 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,498,609 times
I use Showmojo for my property mgmt business. It's geared more towards rentals than sales, but the scheduling process looks the same. I even use it like Calendly for scheduling non-showing meetings with others. It's very customizable and can work for large agent teams or small offices. I'm a one-man operation and it ticks all my boxes.

Old 03-01-2024, 07:01 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
We use ShowingTime... That's what is expected here. It's integrated into our MLS and I think it would just cause problems with other agents to try to get them to use something else for showing scheduling.

Old 03-01-2024, 07:19 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
We have ST that if we use we need to pay for and BrokerBay that is included in our mls dues.

Old 03-02-2024, 01:23 PM

2,637 posts, read 7,427,019 times
ST is included in our MLS dues and that's what almost all agents use.

Old 03-03-2024, 11:36 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,484,640 times
Broker Bay.....maybe a bit less lethal than ST, but still pretty good software.
I do not want big brother Z having access to my data, no matter what they say.
And were they sneaky....when they first bought it, ST started asking for offer data.
Now that seems to be an option, not a requirement.
I DO NOT want big Z to have access to my offer data through DotLoop or ST.
Also I would argue that they hate realtors. They should have know better, but when many associations switched to another provider, they are suing those associations, which means they're SUING us.
They could have worked with us, but instead they're out there working against us.

Old 03-04-2024, 09:20 AM

1,488 posts, read 790,661 times
I really don't like ST and would rather speak to the agent because I can learn things that are not in the listing as to preferred closing dates, etc.

Old 03-06-2024, 12:14 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I wish. Our MLS uses showingtime and it's included in our dues. The Big Z buys everything up. They already have end to end capabilities. We use Followup Boss and the Big Z just bought them also.
Didn't realize big Z bought FUB. Too bad, I know a lot of agents who like that CRM. They'll probably stick with it. I'm fine using KW Command. It's much more robust and stable compared to it's early days and it's included in my monthly office fees. Why should I essentially pay for two CRMs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
I use Showmojo for my property mgmt business. It's geared more towards rentals than sales, but the scheduling process looks the same. I even use it like Calendly for scheduling non-showing meetings with others. It's very customizable and can work for large agent teams or small offices. I'm a one-man operation and it ticks all my boxes.
Not familiar with that one. I'll have to check it out. Generally, I do accompanied showings for all my listings as that's the norm in most of my service area. However, when I'm working in a town where key boxes are more common then I like to use a showing service like ST. It's sporadic though. So, I'm not going to pay a ton for such a service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
We use ShowingTime... That's what is expected here. It's integrated into our MLS and I think it would just cause problems with other agents to try to get them to use something else for showing scheduling.
ST isn't "integrated" into my MLS per se. You can indicate that you're using it and it adds a link to your listing that agents can click on to book. When HomeSnap had a showing service they added a link for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLynn View Post
Broker Bay.....maybe a bit less lethal than ST, but still pretty good software.
I do not want big brother Z having access to my data, no matter what they say.
And were they sneaky....when they first bought it, ST started asking for offer data.
Now that seems to be an option, not a requirement.
I DO NOT want big Z to have access to my offer data through DotLoop or ST.
Also I would argue that they hate realtors. They should have know better, but when many associations switched to another provider, they are suing those associations, which means they're SUING us.
They could have worked with us, but instead they're out there working against us.
Not familiar with Broker Bay. I'm 110% with you on that. I'm not giving Big Z a dime or any data. They're not our "partner" as they like to tell the weak minded sheep in the flock. They're out to eliminate us. If not for the whole iBuyer fiasco setting them back they'd have a brokerage office in every state and on every corner by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce88 View Post
I really don't like ST and would rather speak to the agent because I can learn things that are not in the listing as to preferred closing dates, etc.
I never used ST to book with unrepresented buyers only agents. Also, you can always call and find that out after booking on the showing service.

On a side note, I want to say that if you pay for Supra that it includes some kind of ST clone now. I think I got an email about that from my local Realtor board. No one around here uses Supra boxes anymore though. When I do go into communities where boxes are common practice they're usually combo boxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals