Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 01:25 PM

9,209 posts, read 6,259,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I can think of one reason.... so she could be better informed in the future about how far below market value those kinds of offers usually are.

My job isn't to educate her. Her only job was to get me the best price she could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2024, 01:26 PM

17,391 posts, read 22,144,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
I was not implying a secret club.

This agent asking my price range and wanting a copy of my pre-approval letter reminded me of a comment on another thread (?) about not disclosing the most you can pay.
At this point the agent knows I'm looking and I did give a price range.

But I am on the fence on giving them a copy of my approval letter.
Should I?
they are making sure you are a qualified buyer!

There is a saying in the car business, "buyers are liars" and it would also apply to real estate. Your agent might suspect you are a time waster especially if you haven't talked on the phone, just sending random texts.

Old 04-27-2024, 02:43 PM

14,553 posts, read 12,197,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
My job isn't to educate her. Her only job was to get me the best price she could.

And my job was to think of a reason (a non-nefarious one!) she might have wanted to know. Obviously it wasn't really important either way.

Old 04-27-2024, 04:52 PM

11,834 posts, read 34,472,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Yoiks.
Did/Does the MLS back you up?
Every time. It’s also a COE violation if the listing broker is a Realtor.

Old Today, 08:08 AM

14,513 posts, read 20,713,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I've been saying for years: Never sign a buyer's agency agreement that doesn't give you the right to unilaterally terminate.
I did that with all buyers.
I have not given this agent my approval letter since there are no properties to consider.
We discussed for sale by owner and they say the seller's are trying to avoid commission. I said if an agent helps me on a buy I'll pay a commission.
So what is the best way to tell them I don't sign buyer agency agreements.

I'm thinking I never hear back from them. Should I sign with some extremely clear termination clause? Thanks.

Old Today, 08:27 AM

43,365 posts, read 77,251,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
I have not given this agent my approval letter since there are no properties to consider.
We discussed for sale by owner and they say the seller's are trying to avoid commission. I said if an agent helps me on a buy I'll pay a commission.
So what is the best way to tell them I don't sign buyer agency agreements.

I'm thinking I never hear back from them. Should I sign with some extremely clear termination clause? Thanks.
You will soon find that areas where buyers agency agreements are currently not required will be requiring agents to use them.
Read carefully.

I can tell you that I always offered unilateral rights for either party to terminate.
I don't feed language any more because I don't know what your agreements look like, and it is legal advice specific to your agreement.
I am not an attorney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals