Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 07:48 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,837,610 times

Advertisements

Ok guys/gals this year I am really trying to focus on my website. The one I have now is generic and was a simple way to get a presence on the web. Behind the scenes I am working (time permitting) to really design a website that would be useful to the public. So here is your chance (plus an easy way for me to get ideas ) to possibly get what you want from a Realtors website besides all the hoopla of how great we are and why you need me to represent you.

So with that being said lets have it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 08:09 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Well, I have been looking at homes for sale in N.C. and Tenn, I love it when they show pictures of the inside and not just the hall but rooms that count like the kitchen, where we know everyone really lives And some the pictures are so over exposed, ok, you may not know about camera stuff, but don't take a picture aimed at the window, you can't see anything because of the bright light.
Also square footage is very important, not many list that. The 360 degree tours are really great too.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:33 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,809 times
I agree with the pictures, also outside pictures. Some companies only show their listings, and I like looking at all MLS listings. Also, a link to map it helps for those of us who are new to an area. I like to be able to save my search too, sometimes I am looking while my husband is working and find something I want him to see at a later time.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:42 PM

Great keep em coming!

As far as the map statment do you mean the map of Areas such as this part of town is area 1 or a general map of the town?

Thanks!

Old 01-08-2007, 10:01 PM

229 posts, read 232,769 times
list the property size in real size ex: 100' x 250' not 5000 sq. ft. or whatever, that type of # is good for inside measurements but outside, I want to know perimeter feet up front and not have to figure it out. List whether the sq. footage includes the basement. In houses pre-1978 don't list " lead Cert." say whether it has been tested or not. ( if you legally can). When I sell I am going to make sure everyone knows my 1978 home has been tested and Lead free. It cost me a lot to test and have piece of mind. I will also let people know what lead does and that your kids do not have to lick walls of eat paint to be lead poisoned ( sorry about the rant... kinda a hot button). If the listing lists " Killer Views" make sure you have a picture of them in the listing. Give room sq. footage whenever possible.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:26 AM

777 posts, read 3,198,553 times
For me, I am looking for Horse property, so that is good to know, along with acreage (sp?). I also don't like RE websites, that want all of your info (phone numbers, email addy, and mailing addy) so they can "contact" you. That's why I like Realtor.com, because you can view for free, without fear of unwanted phone cals, and junk emails, junk snail mail.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:35 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,756,894 times
I think you've got a nice website there. I would definitely put in a professional photo of myself. I think it makes a difference when people are choosing a realtor online.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:45 AM

531 posts, read 2,012,274 times
One thing I found very useful when I was looking...I wanted to stay in a certain area. I wanted to be able to search by neighborhood, road or development. Not many sites offer this. Good luck on the website.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandevder View Post
One thing I found very useful when I was looking...I wanted to stay in a certain area. I wanted to be able to search by neighborhood, road or development. Not many sites offer this. Good luck on the website.
I understand completely but it can get tricky especially when we have so many rules to abide by to begin with. Also the amount of new neighborhoods being built is practicly impossible to keep up with.

Thanks for the input every bit helps.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
I think you've got a nice website there. I would definitely put in a professional photo of myself. I think it makes a difference when people are choosing a realtor online.
Thanks, The new one I hope to make more interactive in some way.

As for the picture I am worried my ugly mug will scare people away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals