Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 10,842 times

Advertisements

We currently are under contract with a builder on a new home, however we haven't signed the paperwork from the bank for the loan, we are approved and have NO problem getting the loan, we however want to wait and pull out of contract, can we do that, the builder hasn't done anything to the house on our behalf yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 08:44 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,551,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimik View Post
The appraisal was done today, so I guess they wouldn't do that unless the loan was going to be approved? Hope to know more soon...
Unless the appraisal comes back with something the Underwriters don't like.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:53 AM

982 posts, read 1,101,727 times
Quote:
Sorry, I don't have any detailed information on the buyer's credit. We may have some good news though. They've reapplied, this time for a conventional loan and we're told it looks good. I have no idea what the differences are, having only purchased one house. The appraisal was done today, so I guess they wouldn't do that unless the loan was going to be approved? Hope to know more soon...
Unfortunately, doing the appraisal is not an indication that the loan will get done. It's just done as a matter of course. It's just one step in the process that is done automatically.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:54 AM

982 posts, read 1,101,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfront1 View Post
We currently are under contract with a builder on a new home, however we haven't signed the paperwork from the bank for the loan, we are approved and have NO problem getting the loan, we however want to wait and pull out of contract, can we do that, the builder hasn't done anything to the house on our behalf yet.
You should probably start your own thread about this.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:40 PM

3 posts, read 23,395 times
Default I'm facing the same situation right now but in this case I'm the buyer....

Quote:

The buyers are furious, having already invested in all the necessary FHA inspections and already made moving arrangements. They are getting an attorney to deal with the bank and vow to fight this tooth and nail. But realistically, what can be done? Can the bank get away with this?

We are in a complete panic, having already moved and absolutely must sell. What can we do?
hi kaimik, the same thing happened to me! but in this case I'm the buyer...

pre approval letter
lock in rate @ 4.8
Made offer/ seller accepted
house inspection
earnest deposit
when everything was ready to go lender says: Denied!

My question is who in their right mind would tell somebody to go ahead and make an offer on a property, based on a pre-approval and clearly stating they they will back you up financially--- to end up pulling the plug in the last minute????

This has got to be illegal, financial institutions shouldn't be able to do this kind of stuff...

1. i feel bad for wasting the sellers and the agents time...
2. why didn't it get denied in the first place? nothing changed financially? I wouldn't have started anything had I not been backed up by the pre approval loan!

sorry to make this so long but anyways... my agent was really nice and was able to get me in touch with another lender who seems to be able to work with me, however my rate has increased to 5.2! She advised me to fight for my loan, and I'm going to see what I can do... as a read on someone else's post, i'm going to try to correct whatever they didn't like and see what happens...

Old 06-04-2009, 06:17 PM

14 posts, read 251,690 times
Arod07gq, ours is a bit like yours only we even received a commitment letter from the bank stating they will finance. When we called to lock in our rate today, our loan officer told us that the PMI companies have denied us mortgage insurance because "they didn't like the building." (The building is a complex of 8 buildings that have solid financials.) I'm thinking I need to go to another mortgage broker or to the bank directly!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:11 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,178,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west1 View Post
Arod07gq, ours is a bit like yours only we even received a commitment letter from the bank stating they will finance. When we called to lock in our rate today, our loan officer told us that the PMI companies have denied us mortgage insurance because "they didn't like the building." (The building is a complex of 8 buildings that have solid financials.) I'm thinking I need to go to another mortgage broker or to the bank directly!

The PMI issue seems to be getting much more attention from lenders. I just helped clients buy a home (15% down) and the lender insisted on PMI being in place before proceeding further. Fortunately for my clients, there was no problem other than it took an additional ten days, but it was a period of uncertainty...

Old 08-04-2009, 09:20 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,130,997 times
What happened? There is no end to this story? Fill us in!!

Old 08-05-2009, 06:33 AM

14 posts, read 251,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
On this side, I did take my loan application to another lender altogether who worked diligently to help me close. The previous broker said that he dealt with 3 of the PMI companies and 2 of them wouldn't insure. (When asked about the third one he just said they probably wouldn't insure, which lead me to pull the application and find another lender.)

It was just crazy that this took an additional two months to clear... But now I'm packing and getting ready to move so I'm happy it's over!

Old 08-08-2009, 12:25 PM

3 posts, read 23,395 times
Smile story ending....

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
well for my part... after we got our loan denied... which was completely bogus. Our Agent from Century 21, which I highly recommend, took the time to help us find another lender and we were able to close in time. We were also able to keep all the moving arrangements that we had in place already and we are currently enjoying our new home! We started the process in good faith and we were absurdly denied a loan that we very well qualifed for, but I guess in the end, justice was served! I would be more than glad to provide Agent's info for anyone moving into the Alexandria...Kingstowne area...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals