Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2022, 02:00 PM

32,668 posts, read 48,104,757 times

Advertisements

Smoked leg of lamb is a god treat for Christmas... or any other time.

This looks like the recipe that the family grill master used for leg of lamb on the smoker. It says use any pellets.

Roasted leg of lamb

4 pound boneless leg of lamb
1/2 C roasted garlic flavor olive oil
1/4 C dried parsley
3 garlic cloves, minced fine
2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 Tablespoons dried oregano
1 Tablespoon dried Rosemary
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1- Remove the netting from the leg of lamb Trim if necessary
2- Combine the other ingredients
3- Rub the combined ingredients on the interior and exterior surface of the meat
4- tie the roast with twine or silicone bands
5- wrap the roast loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight

On the grill

1- remove the lamb from the fridge and let it stand at room temperature for an hour
2-set the smoker for indirect heat and heat to 400 degrees
3- remove the plastic wrap from the lamb
4- insert the meat probe and cook at 400 degrees until it reaches the degree of doneness desired

Doneness temperature at the thickest part of the roast
rare 120-125
medium rare 130-135
medium 140-145
medium well 150-155
well done 160 and above

My note, the dried rosemary looks really nice and tastes good but if you use the whole leaves, it is like your roast has little twigs all over it. I use ground rosemary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2022, 06:37 PM

23,604 posts, read 70,467,118 times
LOL! We may be connected in some way. I took a lamb leg roast out of the freezer last night to cook today.

Cooking sous vide, 134.5 degrees 8 hours, cooked in 1 tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder.

While it was cooking, I made a glaze. 1 Tbsp Hoisen sauce, 1/2 cu powdered sugar, 1/2 cu maple syrup, 1/4 cu white vinegar, 1 Tbsp corn starch, 3 drops orange extract. Cooked glaze until it was 220 in sauce pan to make it close to soft ball candy.

Preheat oven to 500 degrees, dry sous vide lamb and coat with glaze, finish for ten minutes in oven.

Salt slices and plate.

Served with mint jelly and home fried juicy potato fries cooked with smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper, first par cooked (steamed) in microwave and then cooked in oil in a cast iron pan with the seasonings.

Side salad of Romaine, sliced mushroom, diced small tomato, 1/2 paper thin sliced cucumber, 2 stalks chopped celery, toasted almond slivers, feta cheese, red wine vinegar, grape seed oil, salt and pepper.

(I hope I used enough mushroom to soak up all the saturated fat...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes