Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2023, 01:03 PM

1,031 posts, read 557,447 times

Advertisements

I really enjoyed the stir fry that I made w/ the Miracle Noodles from Walmart, and thought I'd try the Palmini hearts of palm linguine. It's ridiculously cheap at $1.68 for an 8 oz bag. The pouch says it serves 3, but 2 big servings is a little more realistic. It still comes out to only at 30 calories per serving. I rinsed it really good and boiled it for about 4 minutes to soften the noodles up.

Since this was my first try w/ this product I didn't spice things up much in order to see what it tastes like w/ only mild seasonings. If you had some Kimchi it would really liven the flavor up. I used only a teeny bit of the oils you see in the picture because they're so high in calories. The makings are: thinly sliced red peppers, garlic and broccoli sauteed in oil, w/ the green onion added at the end, along w/ the small pieces of apple and fresh pineapple to sweeten it up a bit along w/ a little bit of water. Then black pepper, salt and Sriracha.

I think I prefer the Miracle Noodles, but w/o spicing this up like I usually do, it's not a fair comparison. That's one serving of linguine in the pic below. It's probably 80-100 calories per serving w/ everything I added. A few pistachios would be good on top too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes