Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 12:43 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,281,228 times

Advertisements

skbs, do you need me to dial 911 again???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 01:05 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,878,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
skbs, do you need me to dial 911 again???
Already taken care of!!!!! Found the Halloween Candy

Old 10-26-2008, 01:38 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,281,228 times
Way to go, girl!

Old 10-26-2008, 06:17 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,713,101 times
I need a recipe for a peanut butter fudge pie? Anyone? I'll google for it but some advice from someone with experience always is good.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:04 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,209,555 times
While looking at old recipe boxes of my families I came across this one from my great gma.

Oatmeal Pie

1 9" pie crust prebaked
4 eggs
1 C. Sugar
2 T. Flour
1 t. Ground cinnamon
1/4 t. Salt
1 C. Light corn syrup
2 T. butter, melted
1 t. Vanilla extract
1 C. Quick cooking oatmeal, uncooked

Preheat oven to 350° F as soon as ready bake pie shell then set aside. In large bowl beat eggs until frothy. Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Add to the eggs and blend; add corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla blend again. Mix in oatmeal and pour into baked pie crust.

Bake for 45 minutes Let cool completely then serve at room temperature.

This was a "mock" pecan pie like pie I made it tonight it wasn't bad actually.

Nomadicus I was actually looking for a peanut butter pie recipe when I came across this one! I don't know that mine is PB "fudge" pie but let me go see if I can find it for you.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Nomadicus I was actually looking for a peanut butter pie recipe when I came across this one! I don't know that mine is PB "fudge" pie but let me go see if I can find it for you.
Thanks

Old 10-26-2008, 07:14 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,878,747 times
Saw this a few weeks ago... did some searching and found it for you... looked good to me....

Whip up this sweet peanut butter pie - Today: Food: Recipe - MSNBC.com

Old 10-26-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Saw this a few weeks ago... did some searching and found it for you... looked good to me....

Whip up this sweet peanut butter pie - Today: Food: Recipe - MSNBC.com
Thank you. Will check it out. I want to take something really classy to our family reunion in a couple of weeks. Have time to do a dress rehearsal using myself as the guinea pig.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:44 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,209,555 times
I guarantee this pie is worth the efforts!

Peanut Butter Pie

9" Pie crust, baked
1/3 c. Peanut butter
3/4 c. Powdered sugar, sifted AFTER measuring
1/3 c. Flour
1/2 c. Sugar
1/8 t. Salt
2 c. Scaled milk
3 lg Egg yolks, beaten (save egg whites)
2 T. Butter
1/2 t. Vanilla

Blend peanut butter with powdered sugar until mealy. Sprinkle 2/3 of this mixture into bottom of pie shell. Mix flour, sugar and salt in top of double boiler; stir in scalded milk. Cook until thickened, stir tiny bit of the hot liquid into the egg yolks then add the yolks to the mixture and cook until thick, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla & butter. Slowly pour into pie shell.

Peanut Butter Pie Topping

3 Egg whites
1/4 t. Cream of Tartar
1/2 c. Sugar
1 t. Corn Starch
Run the sugar and corn starch through the blender to make it fine before adding to the egg whites and cream of tartar.

Beat egg whites until stiff; add cream of tartar. Slowly add sugar mixture and beat until stiff & shiny. Pile onto pie & sprinkle with remaining peanut butter/powdered sugar mixture.

Bake 350° for 15-20 minutes (slightly browned) Chill before serving.

CAUTION:
1/8 slice of pie is approximately 350 calories!

The only other thing I found in my recipe boxes was this but I don't think this is what you were talking about.

Peanut Butter Fudge Ice Cream Pie

1 Ready crust graham cracker pie crust
1 11.75 oz. Jar of Hot Fudge Ice Cream topping
1 qt. Vanilla Ice cream (I have used vanilla frozen yogurt too)
1 c. Extra crunchy peanut butter
Cool Whip

Spread 1/3 c. room temperature hot fudge topping over the bottom of pie crust. Meanwhile, soften ice cream and mix with peanut butter. Spoon into pie crust and freeze several hours or overnight. Cover with plastic wrap when firm. To serve remove from freezer 5-10 minutes before cutting. Heat remaining fudge sauce according to directions on jar. Serve each pie wedge with a dollop of Cool Whip and pass the warmed fudge sauce.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

Peanut Butter Fudge Ice Cream Pie

1 Ready crust graham cracker pie crust
1 11.75 oz. Jar of Hot Fudge Ice Cream topping
1 qt. Vanilla Ice cream (I have used vanilla frozen yogurt too)
1 c. Extra crunchy peanut butter
Cool Whip

Spread 1/3 c. room temperature hot fudge topping over the bottom of pie crust. Meanwhile, soften ice cream and mix with peanut butter. Spoon into pie crust and freeze several hours or overnight. Cover with plastic wrap when firm. To serve remove from freezer 5-10 minutes before cutting. Heat remaining fudge sauce according to directions on jar. Serve each pie wedge with a dollop of Cool Whip and pass the warmed fudge sauce.
I will have to try this soon. I think it may be what the doc is ordering. Thanks. Have some ideas to tinker with now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes