Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 07:44 PM

956 posts, read 1,116,816 times

Advertisements

WOW, this chick is such a piece of s***. Is she f'n serious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,846,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
This is why I would never be a Christian!!!!

Over the chaotic activity at the planned lives of individual Japanese citizens, the best God can do is: "trust in Me, and the events I deluded You to see are are fake to the core of my Will." Most feel though that God had a lot to do with the Order out of chaotic determinism of the whole Continental Plate theory. And there is the famous Devil of the animal kingdom interfacing with man. Why did the christian God want at the same synchronicity always to have clever aggressive behavior taught along with tolerant intellectual fellowship... in the same family, in the same schooling of Conscience?

God wanted people rather to be self-aware which Way one Is.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:56 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,603,434 times
Tell me christians, this is what beliefs in your god that creates this unmeasurable hatred and staggering stupidity. Tell me that belief is good after watching this ignorant twit.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,764,342 times
i know utube has some wackos,, but this beach gets the brown prize

my zod>!!!!! ignorants at it's finest

Old 03-14-2011, 11:13 PM

43 posts, read 76,984 times
I have to think that this is some sort of joke (albeit, not funny in the least). I am Christian, and have yet to personally meet a fellow Christian that looks at disaster, especially on this scale, as a positive sign of God's work. Quite opposite, our church took an extra collection for the victims of this catstrophe and prayed that they could begin to recover without additional setbacks. The core message is good, not mean or spiteful.

That's not to say that there aren't any crazies out there that claim to follow Christ. It's just that their issues existed long before finding religion, and this becomes the outlet as opposed to the cause. And there are certainly people that do their time for one hour a week and think that is enough to make them holier than thou.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:27 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,232,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkessack View Post
I have to think that this is some sort of joke (albeit, not funny in the least). I am Christian, and have yet to personally meet a fellow Christian that looks at disaster, especially on this scale, as a positive sign of God's work. Quite opposite, our church took an extra collection for the victims of this catstrophe and prayed that they could begin to recover without additional setbacks. The core message is good, not mean or spiteful.

That's not to say that there aren't any crazies out there that claim to follow Christ. It's just that their issues existed long before finding religion, and this becomes the outlet as opposed to the cause. And there are certainly people that do their time for one hour a week and think that is enough to make them holier than thou.
You sound reasonable but we had a thread going and there were plenty crazies that saw this as a sign of the end times, a judgment/warning from god.

Your last para, they are taught this BS and not necessarily baggage they brought with them and then of course there are those that still have issues with Pearl harbour in spite of bombing the crap out of them in retribution.

I just hope the extra money you denoted finds its way to Japan.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:50 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,232,293 times
Default Another deer leeder joins the madness.

Senior pastor Cho Yong-gi of Yoido Full Gospel Church, the largest Christian church in the world, has faced vicious public condemnation as he called the catastrophic Japanese quakes and tsunamis "God’s warnings."

"I fear that this disaster may be warnings from God against the Japanese people’s atheism and materialism," an online Christian press quoted the elderly religious leader as saying Saturday.

"I hope that these series of events will drive the Japanese to turn their eyes towards God."
Link:

Old 03-15-2011, 03:42 AM

570 posts, read 736,080 times
I am a Muslim .. my heart goes out to Japan in this intense situation ... what a shocking and devastating news .
We believ thes kind of things has nothing to do with believing in god or not ... being good or bad ... yet god trials people sometimes to test there Patience .
only in times of adversity and trials we could distinguish Genuine from false ... put there credibility to the test ... thats why we can see alot of people rush to degrades god in these kind of situation more than usual & ordnary times as we can clearly see right here at this same topic .

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 03-15-2011 at 04:20 AM..

Old 03-15-2011, 04:00 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,105,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Senior pastor Cho Yong-gi of Yoido Full Gospel Church, the largest Christian church in the world, has faced vicious public condemnation as he called the catastrophic Japanese quakes and tsunamis "God’s warnings."

"I fear that this disaster may be warnings from God against the Japanese people’s atheism and materialism," an online Christian press quoted the elderly religious leader as saying Saturday.

"I hope that these series of events will drive the Japanese to turn their eyes towards God."
Link:

If it was a message from god, I would think he would be telling us to practice population control.......or he will thin the heard his way.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:24 AM

16,292 posts, read 28,603,434 times
Someone made a comment in a rep that this was just a joke. Actually I have seen this level of visceral and utterly ignorant hatred expressed in person between one christian cult and another.

If a joke that gal is one sick puppy, if not a joke, that gal is one sick puppy. Common denominator, the use of a belief in god and hatred. Hatred and god are so often seen walking hand in hand in the minds of these sick sick sick people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality