Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 09:34 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times

Advertisements

For the ancients: there was the lost city of Atlantis which were lied about, destroyed by the so-called Gods, or just generally Sinned about for wisdom reasons.
Today, I can't understand why us naive liberals are not communicated about the insurgent traders and nomads (more or less) entering Afghanistan from say Kazakhistan. Believe me, is that legal by the government laws?; or are the 'illegal dangerous' entries of scientists and journalists into the Kahakstani regions and back hoaxes on a mass scale of explanation for the war?

Old 09-21-2009, 10:46 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
yeshuasavedme wrote:

You're always talking about how advanced the ancients were supposed to have been and that they were even more advanced than we are today. So why is it that all anyone seems to find on the ocean floor are just stones that they claim have been carved by men? Shouldn't we have located some skyscrapers, aircraft and airports, or anything that an advanced civilization might have had instead of just a rock?
I just got through patching our carport's great cracks which we let get too far along in the past couple years, and I did it to just prolong the inevitable replacing of it, which must come in the future. I noticed that the 30 year old exposed concrete is deteriorating badly, and algae is helping it to break down. That you want the man made things to remain, without being subject to elemental breakdown is just not possible except in environmentally controlled surroundings, like ancient sealed tombs, and some caves, in which some artifacts have been discovered which do show high technology of the ancients. -Would you know a fossil giant or his fossilized colossal house if you even saw it exposed for view by events which might uncover them? -I don't think so, because even "malachite man", buried with dinosaur/dragons, is denied by your crowd, just to save your fable of evolution from exposure to truth. http://www.discoverynews.us/DISCOVER...ck_strata.html

Many great ancient cities of South American jungles were so well hidden by the overgrown jungles that we did not know they were there until WW2, when planes flying over began to see and report the massive structures hidden there. Many have been investigated and many remain to be investigated still, but what has been found in those places is astounding. You can read some of the things that the great civilizations of SA had on many sites. Jonathan Gray has a list of many in his book Dead Men's Secrets, which you can read online for free, and then check out the links for yourself and discover the great technologies of the ancients before us.

Perpetually burning Lamps were written of by the ancients and were discovered in Egyptian tombs opened in the middle ages. Written and actual physical evidence for ancient robots; surgical procedures including artificial limbs, plastic surgery, heart transplants, limb transplants, brain transplants; space travel; television and radio communication; recordings; picture shows; antibiotics; nuclear wars; and much more than those is there, for the curious to learn about by reading the ancient records and seeing artifacts in museums and in private collections online or in person, around the world.

The artifacts exist in abundance. Many sites list many of the places in the world where you can view the evidences for yourself, like Ooparts & Ancient High Technology--Evidence of Noah's Flood?.
Many non-Bible believing persons also have many sites where they list the evidences of man's ancient technologies, and discuss them, but they have time scales of [their imagination] going back to ages impossible. Nevertheless; they have written their books and they have their web sites where you can view the evidences for yourself. Though some of them believe aliens were responsible for the high tech achievements of ancient earth. They do believe a half truth in that, though, for the sons of God -the Watchers- who took daughters of Adam as wives and got offspring of Adam flesh [but of their evil spirits, not of the Adam spirit], did indeed teach things to ancient Adamkind about "the secrets of heaven", and about mixing the created kinds to make monsters, unlawfully, by gene splicing, buy their technology taught by the fallen watchers. They did it to provoke God, states the Book of Jasher.
You can read these accounts in 1 Enoch, the Book of Jasher; the Book of Jubilees, and the OT. You can see the results of these things in reading the Mahabharata and Ramayana. Enoch warns man and watchers of their evil deeds in doing these things, and God indeed did do what Enoch said He would do to whom He said He would do it; and He will do what Enoch first told He would do to consummate sin on earth and remove all things that defile, by the great tribulation which Enoch first wrote of and which is yet to come.

The chronology of earth's inhabitants from the beginning is listed in Jasher, and lots of tid bits of the tribes' early doings after the flood and after Babel is listed there, and their early governments and wars between themselves is listed there.

The Great Pyramid at Giza was constructed using technology we still do not have, again; and so we cannot reproduce such an edifice as that on such a scale of perfection as that, with the precision and mathematical exactness relating to the earth and universe, as that, today.
We who are Biblical creationists believe all the evidence points only to the Creation, fall, destruction ...rise of Babylon, destruction; rise of Chinese civilization in great glory, destruction; rise of great civilizations in the western continents, destruction; rise of great civilizations in the Indian continent, destruction, and so on, and great dark ages caused by God for His reasons, as He stated in Genesis 11.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 09-21-2009 at 11:01 AM..

Old 09-21-2009, 11:03 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
How did Noah keep strong, well-armed men from storming his Ark? How did he fend them off? After all, he went all the way to New Zealand to get a pair of Kiwis, and the frozen waters of the Arctic for polar bears and the Antarctc for penguins, and the Arizona desert for Gila Monsters. How did he keep any other men from getting aboard to escape the rain?
I have an idea, lets belittle someones elses faith, lets not read, yet misunderstand, twist and stomp on their holy scriptures, then lets tear down these scriptures in a silly manner based on our ignorance, misinformation, lack of understanding and desire to embarass and decieve. Oh, wait a minute, you have already done this! Very well, carry on.

If you stated this out of total ignorance and not out of an evil heart, the answer to your question is this. No one wanted to go onto the ark until after the earth began to flood. Noah did not have to defend the boat, because God closed the door. Noah did not have to go all over the earth for animals, because animals are where they are today (penguins in the antartic) because that is where they migrated to after the flood. Before the flood, Noah had access to them.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:03 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
yeshuasavedme wrote:
Quote:
The artifacts exist in abundance.
The link you posted doesn't have anything of any significance. If there are really artifacts that prove there was an advanced ancient civilization can you provide a link that has photos of any sort of high tech device? If such a thing were really true it would have such enormous implications about our history that the whole world would know about it and we'd have information about it in textbooks in schoolrooms but that's not the case. You stated that the ancients had television and radio. Has an ancient television set been discovered that I can go and look at in a museum somewhere?

Old 09-21-2009, 11:40 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default "Now departing, fully loaded from" ??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Noah did not have to go all over the earth for animals, because animals are where they are today (penguins in the antartic) because that is where they migrated to after the flood. Before the flood, Noah had access to them.
Question: it's been stated that the boat eventually grounded on, perhaps, Mt.Ararat. But where, exactly, was the trip supposed to have originated? Where did he build his boat? Is that mentioned at all in scripture?

Old 09-21-2009, 12:02 PM

87 posts, read 134,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Well, if allegory is not the literal, demonstrable truth it must in the strictest sense not be true. Hence, a lie.

I know, many will say it is merely a method used to teach important lessons. But teaching from a lie is not something that needs to be encouraged or even accepted.
So my mom was wrong to teach me about "the boy who cried wolf" and George Orwell was wrong to write Animal Farm and Dante should have burned The Divine Comedy and Plato's Allegory of the Cave should be banned from discussion in philosophy classes. Got it.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:18 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
yeshuasavedme,
Here's another question about advanced ancient technology. Do you believe that all of this knowledge had been lost before Noah and if so what kind of timeline are you talking about? It would sure have made alot more sense for Noah to have had the technology to build something like a massive aircraft carrier out of metal as opposed to a wooden boat that would sink like a stone because wooden vessels can't be built that large.
By the way, I can relate to your driveway situation. I just had mine torn up to make way for a new one and it looks like an archeology excavation.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:21 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Question: it's been stated that the boat eventually grounded on, perhaps, Mt.Ararat. But where, exactly, was the trip supposed to have originated? Where did he build his boat? Is that mentioned at all in scripture?

I don't think it is mentioned at all in scriptures. Has anyone out there heard any theories based on scripture?

I would suggest close proximity to Eden, since Adam and Eve were cast out of there. Eden was a garden in the area of Modern Elazig, Turkey. Which would make sense since the boat ended up on the mountain ranges of Arrarat. Since God made out of the ground all of the animals for Adam to name, then there would have been populations of all the animals close to mankind at that time. It was after the flood that the animals migrated out from Arrarat to the places we presently find them.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:25 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,257 times
Don't we already have a thread on this same subject, that is about 325 pages long?

I hope Campbell will stay out of this one... .

Old 09-21-2009, 12:29 PM

17 posts, read 59,167 times
holy scriptures...what a crack up! how long will people still believe this crap?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality