Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2019, 07:03 PM

8 posts, read 25,083 times

Advertisements

Hi I’m from San Diego California and I’m debating taking a leap of faith and moving to Reno.

I have 2 tweens and I’m wondering if there is a travel basketball team and good youth hip hop options? Any good charter schools you recommend ?

I’ve also heard people hate californians how real is that ? I hope it’s not true. I don’t quite understand the logic. I’m a native Californian and most of those around me are transplants. I’ve never dreamed of being like this is my California ! We’ve always welcomed people even though the beaches are flooded and rent prices are sky high. So I’m trying to understand how people can claim a state like some kind of gang.

Anyway I would love any suggestions as a parent . Relocating my family is daunting and I’m afraid of ruining them 🙁

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 08:34 AM

629 posts, read 550,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbum83 View Post
I have 2 tweens and I’m wondering if there is a travel basketball team and good youth hip hop options? Any good charter schools you recommend ?

Thanks
Yeah I don't think so, not here

There is a kickass rodeo though

Old 07-22-2019, 08:52 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,977,665 times
I would contact one of the high school basketball coaches and see what they say about traveling teams. I have a 20-something at my office who coaches a traveling baseball team for teens.

Don't know about hip hop...not a terribly musical town.

There are plenty of charter schools here. I would go to the school district website and also do a search here as it has been discussed many times before.

Reno is not the CA lifestyle, more laid back and less busy. There is plenty to do here but you have to find your own fun. Except for a few months in the winter there are constant weekend activities. If you can't find something to do then you aren't looking very hard. In the winter there are all kinds of snow sport activities.

Good luck!

Old 09-28-2019, 02:08 PM

2,041 posts, read 1,539,758 times
Sure. Not sure about the traveling basketball teams though. People don't generally hate Californians just for being Californians. No one likes the idea of New arrivals jacking up housing prices.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:52 PM

7,370 posts, read 4,717,994 times
No one hates people from California. Yes they dislike the increase in housing prices but people are moving here from all over. I came from WI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
View detailed profiles of: