Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,562 times

Advertisements

Especially if you or someone in your family needs mental health care, don't move there. If you do, always bring a witness with you. The mental health docs and workers in Nevada are HOSTILE. I had to leave after 20 years and get better health care elsewhere!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2006, 10:45 AM

33 posts, read 414,644 times
Not True Sorry I'm not sure about Reno but the Las Vegas Valley has great medical care.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:32 PM

75 posts, read 262,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHeart View Post
Especially if you or someone in your family needs mental health care, don't move there. If you do, always bring a witness with you. The mental health docs and workers in Nevada are HOSTILE. I had to leave after 20 years and get better health care elsewhere!
Where did you move to that had the better health care?

Old 10-11-2006, 09:30 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,383 times
i have to say i agree in reno anyways and carson and gville. i have delt with all 3 if these hospitals and for one my daughter had a burst apendicitis and gville hospital didnt know what was wrong with her, carson its almost impossible to get in, dont have an emergency- my son went in because of a root canal that went bad in the middle of the night, dentist wont help- and the hospital let us sit there for hours- reno i wont mention the hospital,(unless you ask me) i should have sued- the treatment i received when i had my son was sooo awful, the nurses talked bad about me in front of my face when i was being preped for surgery and they botched up my c-section really bad and what was worse when i had my next child my doctor in another town told me i never needed a c-section to begin with. so that is my opinion and my experiences with the health care in reno gville and carson

Old 10-11-2006, 08:55 PM

745 posts, read 1,324,739 times
Mental health care is an oxymoron and is nothing of the sort.

A good movie is "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" with Jack Nicholson.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:29 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,440,404 times
For some people, the glass is half empty, for some the glass is half full. There are fine doctors in Nevada, there are bad doctors, ditto for the rest of the world.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:41 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
For some people, the glass is half empty, for some the glass is half full. There are fine doctors in Nevada, there are bad doctors, ditto for the rest of the world.
True. When I lived in Reno awhile back I was new to the area and didn't have any real disposable income. My brother took me to the Washoe Medical Center (county hospital) and those people (a fine doctor) fixed me right up. Mind you it was just a large cyst behind my ear, which was painful as h*ll. But, they took care of it and I've never had a problem since. That was my only "medical" experience in Reno, but it was good!

Old 02-06-2007, 01:44 PM

8 posts, read 32,337 times
Default Medical Care

I always thought the medical care was lacking in Reno I lived there from 1978 to 04 - then I moved to AZ where medical care is supposed to be so good. I would choose Reno any time.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:34 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,411,529 times
As they say there's a few differences between a Doctor and a Mechanic, the main difference is a Mechanic can fix their mistakes.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:47 PM

4 posts, read 27,048 times
will i have a strong suspission on what hospital your talking about. i lived in nevada for years. i took a ems course and had to do my intership in the emergency room you speaking about.
i was shocked by what i saw from the inside. I was told i could practice my cpr on a elderly patient that had been brought in and doc decided not to try to save and left room for him to die alone and another doc was ridiculed because he wanted to try to save a homeless man who was brought in/
i was shocked on how the nurses talked badly of this doctor aND THE HOMELESS MAN.
i know exactly what hospital you speaking about and i would not go there if my life depended on it
linda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area