Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 10:57 AM

32,775 posts, read 48,535,399 times

Advertisements

Just how do you know that the landlord turned off the power and it wasn't just a popped circuit breaker? If you can go and check the circuit breaker, why didn't you just turn it back on?

And asking again, why on earth are you not moving out yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 03:01 PM

439 posts, read 520,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Just how do you know that the landlord turned off the power and it wasn't just a popped circuit breaker?
No access to the garage... The garage is rented out separately. So, it's locked from the inside of the house. Someone rents out the space as "storage" with his sports car and house stuff. when all this went down, I wish I had befriended him and had his phone number.

No, I didn't see her in the garage, turning off the breaker, but I have footage on the nanny cam of someone turning on and off the lights - when both me and the other tenant I don't get along with - were out of the house. It could have only been her. She was there that night, waiting to talk to me. (No written 48-hour notice to enter the house...she doesn't follow the rules) When I didn't show up to talk to her, then she turned off my electricity so I would call her, and she left it off for four days. It's just that simple.

when all of this happened, the soonest I could get out is Dec. 31st. Washington has this "20-day notice" thing for month-to-month apartments. It's not truly month-to-month, IMO. Because you have to give 20-day notice before the 10th of the month, or you're committed until the end of the next month. I hope I make it until then. So, when she turned off my electricity, it was Nov. 16th...7 weeks until Dec. 31st.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:47 PM

9,984 posts, read 7,887,855 times
You can move out today, you just need to pay up until Dec 31st.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:34 PM

472 posts, read 476,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
You can move out today, you just need to pay up until Dec 31st.
Where can I nominated this for least helpful reply for 2016???

Old 12-04-2016, 07:43 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,292,766 times
Here's a thought... MOVE. No more excuses. MOVE.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:08 AM

9,984 posts, read 7,887,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Starwind View Post
Where can I nominated this for least helpful reply for 2016???
LOL, because you think she needs to stay there just because she owes rent?

I think she is so involved in the drama and mysteries and conspiracies that she doesn't realize she is in charge of her own life and can pack up and move today. She's not a prisoner.

Instead of restraining orders, nanny-cams, attorneys, online investigations, writing long dramatic stories, she could've been waitressing for extra money if she needed it so she could move out.

Some people are right fighters, and she is probably right about much of what is going on. But, it doesn't matter and there's nothing for her to win here. For her own sanity, she just needs to move and go forward with her own life, forget about this whole bad situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting