Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 04:03 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,981,936 times

Advertisements

"On spite"?

On purpose?? Out of spite???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2022, 06:18 PM

14 posts, read 14,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
"On spite"?

On purpose?? Out of spite???
Yes out of spite ugh

Old 05-11-2022, 06:20 PM

14 posts, read 14,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Are you really this incapable of understanding the part you've played in all this? BOTH of you have contributed to the conflict. So what if she hasn't filed a formal complaint with anyone? Who cares whether she called the police or not? Its possible, instead of complaining, she opted to be as childish as you are by turning up/leaving on her TV. Its also possible that had nothing to do with her TV use. No one here will ever know. Its all speculation.

Fine, go to the hearing. Don't you think your retaliatory use of a thumper will come to light? As part of her "justification" she may well bring it up. It would be the perfect time. Once it does, you will lose your perceived victim status and moral high ground. The hearing committee will finally understand they're dealing with two spiteful juveniles, not reasonable adults. For the last time, it will be their prerogative to rule against both of you if either problem you've created violates HOA rules. If they do, maybe that will finally make a dent.
Oh her tv use definitely has to do with being spiteful. If she does mention the thumper at the meeting, I wonder if she even has proof to back it up outside of recordings. I have actual police and security reports, witnesses vs a recording that can be tampered

Old 05-11-2022, 06:56 PM

9,457 posts, read 5,229,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
no, I haven't thought of asking them, because they have a small child that runs back and forth in his bedroom, which is back to back with mine, and he plays in the room, slams the closet doors drops things on the wood floors and I can hear a lot of banging, (which I know the child is not doing on purpose), it is just daily living, and by 8:30pm it stops as I'm sure the child goes to bed.

If it was that bothersome to them, I'm sure they would have no problem ringing my bell, plus my partner talks to the wife all the time and she is very nice and has never said anything. So, obviously she doesn't hear anything, besides it is a little cheap clock radio that I have on, there is no bass to it at all, so it isn't like it vibrates or anything like that, and the TV in the kitchen is a cheap little flat screen that doesn't have any bass either.

hence, why I don't say anything about the child running, jumping, dropping things on a wood floor, slamming closet doors, little boys don't realize they make noise. It happens.

But no, I'm not asking anyone.

I have had a handful of tenants that lived in that apartment for the last 39 years, some were quiet, while others were pure hell for me, so no, at my age now, no, I'm so not asking anyone squat.
I wouldn't do anything to purposley disturb anyone, but I'm certainly not asking anyone either, not one person would give a rats azz about disturbing me.

I cant be any more honest that this.
I sense a troublesome attitude here. LOL. You are 'that' neighbor.
Then you can wait til your HOA decides the matter.

Old 05-11-2022, 07:47 PM

17,624 posts, read 17,690,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsg1696 View Post
Oh her tv use definitely has to do with being spiteful. If she does mention the thumper at the meeting, I wonder if she even has proof to back it up outside of recordings. I have actual police and security reports, witnesses vs a recording that can be tampered
Have you not realized that virtually everyone here agrees that you are in the wrong and escalated your own problem? You bought a device with the intent of aggravating your neighbor. That automatically makes you the aggressor. Had you not purchased and used such an item then you would merely be the victim of a neighbor’s loud TV.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:02 AM

18,474 posts, read 31,648,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I sense a troublesome attitude here. LOL. You are 'that' neighbor.
Then you can wait til your HOA decides the matter.

I'm a quiet tenant, we don't have an HOA,
so what are you talking about????

Old 05-12-2022, 06:48 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,030,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsg1696 View Post
And do you have proof of your claim that she’s being spiteful? What you’re doing is a direct violation of the lease… You are purposely harassing your upstairs neighbor.

If you were my tenant, I did victor you so fast your head would spin for days.

Instead of being an adult, and talking to your neighbor, mentioning that you can hear the TV, you buy a ceiling thumper… Who in their right mind does that?!

Old 05-12-2022, 06:56 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,542,115 times
So rather than try to resolve the issue, you escalated. Not a good strategy. How does the saying go? You get more with honey than you do with vinegar.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:39 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,496,673 times
I've never heard of a ceiling thumper before. I have looked at the link for it that someone posted above (thanks!). Is a ceiling thumber an actual device that a company makes so a downstairs neighbor can purposely bother their upstairs neighbor? Wow!!

Old 05-13-2022, 05:32 PM

13,928 posts, read 39,306,840 times
They should EVICT BOTH of you!

BTW I have my TVs on 24/7 home or not! I pay the Bills NOT You!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting