Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,305 times

Advertisements

I am an Acupuncture Student, close to finishing my clinical residency in FL and making decisions about where to go after school. I lived in Rochester in the late 90's but hear that it's not the same city it was then. That said I have family in the finger lakes region and would love to be close to them. I am also a Northeast boy and would like to be back in the New England, New York or Mid-Atlantic Region.

I read up on Rochester regularly and see that job growth and the housing market seem to be up. I am wondering the following:

If you were about to start an Acupuncture practice would you consider Rochester if you could go anywhere?

Do you think the community economy can support another Acupuncturist/Alternative Healthcare/Wellness Business?

Do you think there is interest among Rochester residents for Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine services?

Thank you in advance for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 02:07 PM

93,755 posts, read 124,493,435 times
Yes and I'd look at the Southeastern neighborhoods or perhaps the Eastern suburbs. Perhaps the Upper Monroe neighborhood would be a good location.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:14 PM

2 posts, read 1,305 times
Thanks so much for your feedback. It is very much appreciated. I had hoped I would get more feedback. If you have any other suggestions for other ways to poll some locals it would be very much appreciated as well.

Be well!

Old 02-18-2012, 05:14 PM

192 posts, read 531,275 times
To be honest I’m not terribly familiar with acupuncture / alternative medicine so i cant tell you specifically how much competition you would or would not face, or anything like that.

However I can tell you that the South East part of the city would defiantly be the best part to look into. Like the poster above said look into Park ave, Upper Monroe, or possibly even the neighborhood of the arts. The suburbs of Brighton and Pittsford would also be solid choices. Both Brighton and Pittsford tend to be liberal and open-minded kind of like the city neighborhoods that were mentioned.

If you have any more specific questions about these neighborhoods please don’t hesitate to ask. Cheers

Last edited by Corrion14621; 02-18-2012 at 05:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area