Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:00 PM

7,074 posts, read 16,770,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
You are just flat out wrong. The wedge may have been small in comparison to another place because its located in a smaller city. I has multiple bars, restaurants that keep later hours. They don't close early. If I want to get some food at midnight, I can. Multiple out of towners have commented on how "cool" and "hip" the park ave area was, so your comment does not really hold any water. It has the same amenities that other cities offer.
There is plenty to do for young professionals. You would not know about it because you were only a college student, and like I said before college students are very poor judges of character. You did not spend any extended period of time here in a real life situation, you are in no position to speak on the city or what it offers.
The city in which I currently reside, Louisville, has one neighborhood with countless more options than Park Ave and South Wedge in Rochester combined, and that is only one neighborhood here. Granted, Louisville is a decent clip larger than Rochester and growing much faster, but still.

Compare the amount of businesses here:

Businesses in The Highlands of Louisville, KY USA

versus here

South-Wedge.com (http://www.swpc.org/stores.htm - broken link)

Park Avenue Rochester NY shops cafe restaurants

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area