Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 02:58 PM

22 posts, read 18,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1975 View Post
Okay, I'm a State employee. It's all in the interview, since it's scored.
In short, you can lie and you'll score higher than someone who actually has more experience; you won't get caught.
This is how you must interview:
For example: Have you done ABC?
Yes, I have X years doing ABC. I performed ABC at (name company and projects related); the more you can elaborate here, the higher you'll score.

**Answer in a similar capacity to all proceeding questions.

I agree with cb73. Yes, there are great, smart people here, but it is also the land of under achievers. I am in the process of leaving currently.

This is exactly what I heard from a friend who recently got a job with the Federal government.

He was told about the opening in advance so he was given insider information from one of the people who would be interviewing him and they told him to lie as much as he needed to in the interview and to score himself a 10/10 on all subjects they asked about and lie and say he had at least 2-3 years of experience in everything they asked about even if it wasn't relevant to the job.

The Federal hiring process is ridiculous. Instead of hiring the best workers, it seems like it is designed to attract only liars and people with so few job prospects that they are willing to totally uproot themselves and deal with a byzantine hiring process.

I had some interest in working for the Feds (Parks/Interior) a while ago and partially set up a USA Jobs account. It's not hard, but hearing about my friend's experience has really soured me on the idea. I'm a great employee who has valuable skills and don't like the idea of being put in a situation where I have to lie about my qualifications or risk losing a job to someone who does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 12:22 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,754,662 times
I was hired for several jobs with the Federal government and never had to lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento