Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:23 AM

8,674 posts, read 17,307,615 times

Advertisements

Alexandria--good post on all points! Maybe that's why I can't relate to people complaining about crime in Natomas either: locking my doors, not leaving valuable stuff out, etcetera, are all things we've always dealt with downtown. Not making yourself an obvious target (like leaving valuables in plain sight in your car) reduces one's risk greatly. My big problem with Natomas is the flood risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 11:16 PM

12 posts, read 51,368 times
Personally, I love North Natomas here. Everything is closed by; I-5, I-80, Highway 50, schools, shops, restaurants, Fry's, Best Buy, Walmart, target, airport, downtown, Arco Arena, etc. I've been here since 2005 and have seen the growth, traffic, people, shops, housing developments, etc. There have been more low cost and affordable housing being built because of the current market, which naturally draws in more low income family. Yes, have heard a couple of crimes on the news, but not any more than upscale areas like Roseville, folsom, etc in the past years. I have not seen any crime scenes myself and drives through low cost housing areas every day. It is not something I worry about every day or every minute.
However, the uncertainty definitely is the levee. Perhaps is something that does slip through my mind once a week for a few seconds and gone... If I recall correctly, 50% or more of Sacramento area is in the flood zone. It is the worst protection area, but also is the first to be fixed as well. Hopefully it would be fixed before any flooding occurs who knows when. So what you are weighing on really depends on what you are looking for.....

Old 06-16-2008, 02:27 PM

815 posts, read 2,702,033 times
Give it ten to fifteen years and North Natomas will evolve into a crime-ridden dump just like the southern section. It's already headed in that direction at lightning speed.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:38 AM

3 posts, read 30,939 times
Default ???

Oh yeah Natomas Marketplace... the most unfriendly pedestrian strip mall in America, where Sacramento Policeman was run over last year, and from the hood of the attackers car shot him 12 times until his car came to a rest in front of In and Out Burger! GREAT neighborhood! North Natomas is great .. COMPARED TO EAST LA!!! But there are WAY better places to live around Sacramento that are far safer. I highly do NOT recommend North Natomas to anyone who cares about public safety

Old 06-19-2008, 08:40 AM

3 posts, read 30,939 times
Oh and the same blogger I posted originally now is reporting more home invasion and armed robberies in his neighborhood in Natomas today. GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD! Joe Sacramento

Old 06-19-2008, 03:08 PM

46 posts, read 192,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by navy_wife19 View Post
be careful thats a real bad area, its not really nice at all or quite a lot of shootings stabbings
Liar. I have been living here for 3 years and I am not planning to move out of this area.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodymaker View Post
Oh yeah Natomas Marketplace... the most unfriendly pedestrian strip mall in America, where Sacramento Policeman was run over last year, and from the hood of the attackers car shot him 12 times until his car came to a rest in front of In and Out Burger! GREAT neighborhood! North Natomas is great .. COMPARED TO EAST LA!!! But there are WAY better places to live around Sacramento that are far safer. I highly do NOT recommend North Natomas to anyone who cares about public safety
Well why don't you provide info on so called far better places to live?

Old 06-19-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
Give it ten to fifteen years and North Natomas will evolve into a crime-ridden dump just like the southern section. It's already headed in that direction at lightning speed.
I doubt that that will happen.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingalabaa View Post
Liar. I have been living here for 3 years and I am not planning to move out of this area.
Then you better invest in a canoe and a bullet proof vest -lol

Old 06-19-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingalabaa View Post
I doubt that that will happen.
Of course if I was stuck living there like yourself I would have to force myself to look at the brighter side of things. At least try to acknowledge the current realities and soon to be realities of the urban planning nightmare known as North Natomas.
I lived in an area of town that is also considered an armpit - and to think twenty or thirty years back it was actually pretty nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento