Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:32 AM

3 posts, read 22,876 times

Advertisements

Ya, I considered going to Western Career College, until I did more research. According to the Dept. of Education, they're only technically licensed to teach ultrasound....for veterinary. I don't think I want an ultrasound tech getting me on the table and then asking me if I want a treat. So I did more searching and found a smaller company called College of Career Training. They are licensed to teach Diagnostic Medical Sonography....on humans... and when I called for info they turned out to be cheaper than Western Career. All the students were really nice when I showed up for a walkthrough. I will probably be starting this fall if I can get my job to give me the schedule I'd need in order to attend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 11:33 AM

You don't need to be accredited by CAAHEP. Their course qualifies you for the ARDMS which is all you need to be an Ultrasound Tech.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:35 AM

Cool Not true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
This school is not accred. by CAAHEP. and I am wondering how you take the boards????
You don't need to be accredited by CAAHEP. Their course qualifies you for the ARDMS which is all you need to be an Ultrasound Tech.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:30 PM

577 posts, read 1,758,884 times
What is the starting salary for an Ultrasound Tech?

Old 06-17-2010, 02:57 PM

599 posts, read 1,652,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightoasis1 View Post
How does the course qualify you? Clinical time?

Old 06-25-2010, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 15,124 times
Hello, I am also very interested in becoming a diagnostic medical sonographer. It seems that for me living in sacramento the only choice is to move to the Bay Area and go to Kaiser in Richmond. I did just call College of Career Training and they will be emailing me some more information about the program. She told me that it is 32,000 for the course and that you are able to apply for the ARDMS upon completion of the 2 year course. I guess because it is 2 years vs. 18 months is why you are able? I dunno. I'm still pretty skeptical but I really want to do what I can to get into this industry. Please, if there are any working sonographers out there...let us know how you did it!!! Thank you.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 15,124 times
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND WESTERN CAREER COLLEGE OR ANY SCHOOLS LIKE IT. For any program. They let anyone in who can pass a basic math test. The teachers are ridiculous and all it takes for them to teach there is 3-4 years experience in Medical Assisting. They don't even know what they're talking about half the time. It is NOT quality education. I breezed through the course and had excellent grades. I completed my extern hours in April and im STILL looking for a job. On my own i might add...."We offer job placement assistant for life" NOT. Good luck getting someone to return your calls or emails. They are awful. My resume had 2 type-os and a number of punctuation errors. Horrible. Horrible. I went to the one on Folsom Blvd in Sacramento. I can't imagine the Citrus Heights location is any better. PLEASE do not waste your time or money.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:08 PM

2 posts, read 9,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam in Sacramento View Post
If you are looking for a good sonography school with credentials, where you will be ready for your CCI and ARDMS after completion, try the College of Career Training in Sacramento. Small school/class size, yet wonderful instruction. The Director, Mrs. Sima, takes a personal interest in each student and their success. I know. I am finishing up the program myself with about a month to go. Western and United are second rate. We've had students transfer over. Yuba recently closed it's doors. College of Career Training is the place to be if you want to become a sonographer in Sacramento. Students who have previously graduated and who have found jobs in hospitals, clinics, and private doctors' offices come back to talk to us and give us tips. Students have been hired even before completion. I am including the website. Have a look, and if you call Mrs. Sima and come in, maybe I will see you. And tell her Tam sent ya! ;o)

Home, College of Career Training, Sacramento California
This is SPAM, SPAM, SPAM!!!!
Mrs. Sima is the one who is writing all this posts. She is the ONLY person who teaches there and runs everything as well. My friend went to this "wonderful school" and she is not eligible for the ARDMS, and can't find a job because of it. Mrs. Sima scammed her out of almost 30K and made a lot of promises she was not able to deliver. My friend had to re-take entire course at another school. I witnessed all of her heard ache and tears.
By the way, this school has a different name now. The only reason they changed the name, because old school filed for bankruptcy and was not able to keep the old name as a result. It's a CA law.
Judge for yourselves if you want to go to the school that can't keep their finances in order and can't pay their own bills. There is no guarantee that you will finish it. Plus, school is not accredited by anyone.
So, if you decide to go there, make sure to get all their promises in writing so at least you can take them to court later.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:24 PM

599 posts, read 1,652,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karinasimona98 View Post
this is spam, spam, spam!!!!
Mrs. Sima is the one who is writing all this posts. She is the only person who teaches there and runs everything as well. My friend went to this "wonderful school" and she is not eligible for the ardms, and can't find a job because of it. Mrs. Sima scammed her out of almost 30k and made a lot of promises she was not able to deliver. My friend had to re-take entire course at another school. I witnessed all of her heard ache and tears.
By the way, this school has a different name now. The only reason they changed the name, because old school filed for bankruptcy and was not able to keep the old name as a result. It's a ca law.
Judge for yourselves if you want to go to the school that can't keep their finances in order and can't pay their own bills. There is no guarantee that you will finish it. Plus, school is not accredited by anyone.
So, if you decide to go there, make sure to get all their promises in writing so at least you can take them to court later.
thank you!!!

Old 08-19-2010, 06:50 PM

6 posts, read 45,728 times
Default Yes, You are SPAM Karinasimona98!

Hey MIMA in Elk Grove...yes I know exactly who you are.. or better yet Karinasimona98, You wrote the same thing about my posts on the indeed.com forum for ultrasound and you wrote crap about Mrs. Sima on google maps as well. You lie, and you are the SPAM.

For your information, I am NOT Mrs. Sima. I am Tamara. Look at the website.. see the fat chick in the video with red hair? Yeah that's me. Ya friggin Liar. My testimonial is on there as well. Look it up before you lie.

Home - Education Is Key to Success

Mrs. Sima is not the only person who teaches there, I had several instructors which included TWO seperate M.D.s. The only reason your "friend" would have had to re-take the course is if she were INCOMPETENT and did not complete her required hours. Some people are just not cut out to be Sonographers. It happens. I put in my application to ARDMS a couple of weeks ago and I got my letter from ARDMS yesterday stating I am eligible, and able to set the date at the test site for my physics exam now. I recieved my ARDMS registration number that I keep for life, which is what anyone who's been there, done that, and got the T-shirt knows, is how they do things. I completed my hours. I am competent. Therefore I qualify. If your "friend" didn't it just means she didn't do the work, study, and complete her hours. Period. As for the name change, more lies, CCT is still the corporation name. SUI is the Doing Business As name. DBA. Look it up. It is not California Law as you state. Stupid to tell lies about something people can Google. Both names are listed on the Better Business Bureau. Look it up. One thing you are right about though, is that there is no guarantee you will finish the school. Or ANY school. Sometimes people are slackers or unable to keep up. Sometimes they have to drop out due to family issues, and sometimes they can't pay. Whatever the reason, NO school can guarantee you will complete it. That's up to the student. By the way, the school is in fact accredited. You'd know this if you checked the site. I seriously doubt someone with such venom is typing in regards to a "friend" though. You smell like a competetion school to me. Stinky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento