Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 02:53 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,062,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
I'm not surprised you were unable to dodge the gas canister as fast as you drive but am surprised you were able to even tell what it was going 70+ mph q:

Or do you actually observe speed limits on access roads?
??? Where did you get 70 mph from? Or was it merely an asinine assumption on your part? It was at the eastbound exit to 281 which, as any regular commuter there would know, is a complete construction zone. I couldn't drive 10 over if I wanted to. I was checking my blind spots, which is why I didn't see it until the last second. It was enough time to make the assessment that it was plastic & I could have swerved out of the way, but decided it was an unnecessary risk since it was plastic. Heard a "KERRR-thump!" & saw it flying into the air in my aide mirror. No damage to the car, i checked.

Just because I'm a serious advocate for appropriate speed limits does not mean I do 70 mph on an access road. Especially one that's a permanent construction zone. Watch your assumptions next time, please.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:01 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,902,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Just because I'm a serious advocate for appropriate speed limits does not mean I do 70 mph on an access road. Especially one that's a permanent construction zone. Watch your assumptions next time, please.
Permanent construction zone lol

Oh btw do watch my emoticons next time, please.

q: definitely equals tongue-in-cheek

Old 03-19-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Permanent construction zone lol

Oh btw do watch my emoticons next time, please.

q: definitely equals tongue-in-cheek
Totally didn't notice since I was on my phone at the time. I hereby apologize, but I stick to my guns: speed limits must be appropriate everywhere & anywhere.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:52 AM

410 posts, read 926,587 times
....an older model light colored Jeep Cherokee on 151 with about 25 to 30 bumper stickers. They looked like car tats but easier to remove if you lose the love on one of them, just peel and remove. I wish I would have had a chance to read a couple but was unable. But I THINK I might have seen a KISS (the band) sticker. Cool. Enjoy your day!

Old 03-20-2012, 06:56 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,379,957 times
So, I experienced this event on my morning commute today. Coming into to SA on I-10 from Boerne, I was going past the Ralph Fair Rd. on ramp. I get into the left lane (10 is 2 lanes wide here) to allow traffic coming on to merge. One rocket scientist goes from the on ramp to left lane, right in front of me going all of 40 mph. I was doing 70, the posted speed limit and had to stand on my brakes to keep from rear ending CPT Oblivious. I managed to get around him/her on the right. Now, this free thinker had a good 10-12 car lengths between them and the car in front of them and was still doing all of 50mph. I moved back to the left lane to pass a slower car in the right lane leaving a safe 5-6 car lengths between me and the slow oblivious driver. At this point, the clown floors it, starts flashing his head lights, blowing his horn and runs up on my bumper. Comes around me on the right flipping me off, swerving, etc. Apparently, I was unaware the the left lane of I-10 from Ralph Fair to Huebner is reserved for the sole use of this person. He kept it up for a good couple of miles until I was able to peel him off in merging traffic. People like this are the idiots that the SAPD needs to be looking for, not people going 5mph over the speed limit. He will be lucky if he doesn't end up getting rammed or worse by someone with less patience than I have.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:09 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,972,485 times
Hit a large piece of flying tire (truck blew out and a pickup threw the chunk at me) Sunday morning on 281 just before 410. Thrashed the bumper and side skirt of my Jag XF (I actually will make the first payment today! lol).

--Dim

Old 03-20-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
So, I experienced this event on my morning commute today. Coming into to SA on I-10 from Boerne, I was going past the Ralph Fair Rd. on ramp. I get into the left lane (10 is 2 lanes wide here) to allow traffic coming on to merge. One rocket scientist goes from the on ramp to left lane, right in front of me going all of 40 mph. I was doing 70, the posted speed limit and had to stand on my brakes to keep from rear ending CPT Oblivious. I managed to get around him/her on the right. Now, this free thinker had a good 10-12 car lengths between them and the car in front of them and was still doing all of 50mph. I moved back to the left lane to pass a slower car in the right lane leaving a safe 5-6 car lengths between me and the slow oblivious driver. At this point, the clown floors it, starts flashing his head lights, blowing his horn and runs up on my bumper. Comes around me on the right flipping me off, swerving, etc. Apparently, I was unaware the the left lane of I-10 from Ralph Fair to Huebner is reserved for the sole use of this person. He kept it up for a good couple of miles until I was able to peel him off in merging traffic. People like this are the idiots that the SAPD needs to be looking for, not people going 5mph over the speed limit. He will be lucky if he doesn't end up getting rammed or worse by someone with less patience than I have.
Why do these "people" do the things they do? I would really love to know.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:01 AM

410 posts, read 926,587 times
...a lonely, and abandoned Taco Bueno closed off 151. I hate to see a business fail. But alas, it looks like building is being repainted and am anxious to see what will open next. Best of luck!!

Old 03-21-2012, 07:35 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,527,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
I saw someone do this one night. This person went across 4 or 5 lanes on 281 straight from the entrance ramp and landed right in front of me in the left lane going about 50mph when I was going 70mph. I really don't understand why someone would do this. There was no left lane exit for miles.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:06 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,828,799 times
Some of these stories want me to say the "pics or it didn't happen" response to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio