Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 03:01 PM

258 posts, read 323,972 times

Advertisements

In & Out Burger is in the Dallas market. In & Out has said they are going to built their meat plant in the Ft. Worth area first before they continue their onward expansion into Texas and San Antonio. Does anyone have a time frame before one is built here? Also Del Taco is in the Dallas area as well and I heard that they have plans on buiding some 80 store locations in the Texas region. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated I am a huge fan of both. I was in the Dallas area this past weekend and had In & Out Burger. Being from the Los Angeles area I am very familiar with these chains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 03:17 PM

170 posts, read 291,417 times
I'll be interested to see how those chains fare in the land of Whataburger and Taco Cabana. I've never eaten at Del Taco, but I've had In & Out. I think it'll get good business from transplants and maybe some initial boom out of curiousity, but I don't think it's different enough to really take hold down here.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:24 PM

448 posts, read 919,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badalchemist View Post
I'll be interested to see how those chains fare in the land of Whataburger and Taco Cabana. I've never eaten at Del Taco, but I've had In & Out. I think it'll get good business from transplants and maybe some initial boom out of curiousity, but I don't think it's different enough to really take hold down here.
I agree. I now live in Dallas and I like In N Out, but Whataburger in my opinion, has a better burger.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:54 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,716,990 times
There are only two places in America that have BOTH a Whataburger and an In N Out in the same place: Tucson and Phoenix, Az.

I wonder what do the Arizonians prefer. I am sure it's a close call. Either way, I'm making a double/double burger using a copy kat recipe. Not bad. Knowing the kind of burgers I like, I can see that I would prefer an InNOut. Don't matter, I eat anything.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:15 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,507,147 times
Whataburger's weak link is definitely that soggy bread,

Old 02-15-2012, 07:18 PM

I don't know why, but out of all the hamburgers i've eaten, only Whataburger gives me major heartburn. I think they may use a higher fat meat than the others.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,784,667 times
This jeffutsa guy must be some kind of marketing major. All he ever does is post about new possible developments then goes quiet.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:33 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,807,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badalchemist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
There are only two places in America that have BOTH a Whataburger and an In N Out in the same place: Tucson and Phoenix, Az.
TexasNick, make that at least three places in America, since Dallas has 19 Whataburger locations just in the City of Dallas itself -- not counting all of the suburbs locations -- along with all of the In N Out locations in Dallas and its suburbs already open now and others still scheduled to open.

But, as badalchemist alluded to, the initial boom has already dwindled... when they first opened, they had to have police out to direct the traffic snarls, and the wait time inside was anywhere from 30-60 minutes. Now, it's just like any other place and living up to its name, in and out in 5-10 minutes.

So, it will, indeed, be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:37 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,436,948 times
Del Taco is more like Taco Bell, but it also sells some great underrated burgers, and In and Out I think has better burgers. Both would be great in SA.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:48 PM

Did not know the InNOut was open in Dallas. Thanks for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio