Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:16 PM

272 posts, read 640,350 times

Advertisements

LOVE: All the mexican food.
HATE: alot of people's disregard for animals here & high stray overpopulation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 11:01 PM

130 posts, read 253,514 times
Love: Mexican Food
Hate: Drivers
Lack of Choices
Lack of Professional Jobs
Lack of strong Intellectual Identity.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:29 PM

604 posts, read 1,872,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenwolf80 View Post
Maybe I'm just too cautious or just rationally skeptical but I'm not one to believe everything I read on the internets. So I decided to check the official weather reports for SA, Houston and Orlando at 4:30 am central time on 4/20/12.

I've screen captured the reports from the wunderground
website.

SA:

http://i.imgur.com/tVT9Y.jpg

Hou:

http://i.imgur.com/tCeto.jpg

Orlando:

http://i.imgur.com/ShcWr.jpg

Wouldn't you know it. San Antonio has the lowest humidity percentage followed by Houston and then Orlando with the highest humidity and temperature.
Kudos to scientific research

Old 04-23-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
San Antonio can have the highest temperature plus humidity number in the US. Example 95 degrees and 75% humidity = 180. Try and find any other city with a combined number of 180... San Antonio can get blast furnace hot, brutal.

SA is very provincial. I lived there for seven years, and you really get to the point where you do not care about what happens anywhere else. Life slows down in SA, not quite Mexican manana, "But we just ain't in no hurry, man." SA has a great political history, which when looked at closely is very interesting.

Very military, but in a good way. The Alamo represents the soul of Texas, for all her cultures. Traffic, bad as Austin, but not as bad as Houston. Riverwalk was genius. Hill Country, so beautiful. Meskin' food, damn good! Great high school football, especially when watched in Alamo Stadium on a Saturday night.

And Austin is only ninety minutes away...
What is the scientific relevance of adding those two numbers together??
Relative Humidity is calculated when using the air temperature and the dewpoint (which is at what temperature water vapor condenses condenses back into liquid water): the closer dewpoint temperature is to the environmental temperature the higher the % relative humidity.

so what is the point of combining those two numbers?

Even if the dewpoint is 65 in San Antonio and in Houston, but its 95 degrees in SA and 91 in Houston, that still makes Houston more humid. Houston will have a higher relative humidity.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:39 PM

also Southern Louisiana and parts of SE Texas experience dewpoints in the 80's frequently, and sometimes even 90s, and experience equally as hot summers as us. So there's your answer, those parts of the country are more humid. And if you used your 'combine temperature with relative humidity' calculation with these areas, yes they will have a number higher than 180

Old 04-23-2012, 06:40 PM

Thirdly 75+95=170

Old 04-24-2012, 08:11 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,342,162 times
LOVE LOVE LOVE the wonderfully nice people of SA, Mexican Food and the mild winters. HATE: crazy drivers, transplants who move here and don't like it and then complain about it to anyone who will listen (I am a transplant BTW).

Old 04-30-2012, 12:38 PM

5 posts, read 13,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backliteyes View Post
I dislike (hate is too strong a word): it being more a city for families than for singles, how sprawled out everything is, the relative lack of healthy food/healthy culture, hispanic culture is predominant (no offense, it's just not my favorite), people rave about the countryside but I think the scrub brush foliage that occurs naturally here is ugly, professional jobs are clustered in certain industries/certain employers, the weather varies wildly at the drop of a hat, the HEB grocery monopoly.
I agree. The hispanic culture is my only complaint.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:59 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,393,155 times
Default A Post full of beans,

The American culture is definitely predominant here in old San Antone...
Without a doubt , but not exclusively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backliteyes View Post
I grew up in Tucson, AZ, lived there a total of 22 years.

I love: low cost of living, no snow, no state income tax

I dislike (hate is too strong a word): it being more a city for families than for singles, how sprawled out everything is, the relative lack of healthy food/healthy culture, hispanic culture is predominant (no offense, it's just not my favorite), people rave about the countryside but I think the scrub brush foliage that occurs naturally here is ugly, professional jobs are clustered in certain industries/certain employers, the weather varies wildly at the drop of a hat, the HEB grocery monopoly

From that it probably seems like I hate the place, but I don't. I'm mostly neutral about it.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:00 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,330,825 times
Each area has a dominant culture - what a surprise. If you aren't part of it, you adopt or complain. I've lived in several quite different dominant cultures. Just chill - learn to eat new things!!!

My main complaint is the glacial place of street construction. I could build a battleship in the time it takes to put in a street here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio