Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2020, 06:47 AM

62,309 posts, read 88,204,799 times

Advertisements

Our desires to have Amazon purchases fulfilled in very short time come with a price.
Serious injuries at Amazon's San Antonio-area warehouses happen at double the industry average.
About 1 in 10 workers at Amazon's warehouses in both Schertz and San Marcos experienced serious injuries on the job last year, according to Reveal's analysis.
An investigation by Reveal from the Center for Investigative reporting found that Amazon has sought to downplay rising injury rates inside its warehouses and could be under-reporting injuries at some of its warehouses.

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/...dustry-average
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2020, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 640 times
I work at a sort center (they’re generally more “laidback” than fulfillment centers that are always talked about) but there are still plenty of dangers. When a package is being returned to my aisle the worker will toss it like a frisbee to the ground toward me while I’m working. They’re those slim blue/white bags you get for small items. Super dangerous as they’re being thrown toward my feet while I’m not even looking, just a matter of time before a slip and fall.

Old 12-05-2020, 03:09 PM

11,971 posts, read 8,219,807 times
Amazon warehouses in general have unfortunately had a long history of not only being dangerous to employees with a rate of about 11 out of every 100 employees (nationally speaking) sustaining severe injuries, but also vastly unethical. I have a friend who works at one in Dallas and she tells me all the time how they’re pretty much treated like cattle. They work long shifts and during inclement occurrences which would make it impractical or impossible to fulfill their duties, they are penalized if they are unable to fulfill them. They have probably seen a huge uptick in their distribution centers / warehouses in light of the pandemic given brick and mortar retail has pretty much stalled and deliveries have probably pretty close to doubled. All that adds to it, then add fatigue and your daily job can become a fight for your life under Amazons pressure. Pretty sad to hear what they are going through. Unfortunately I’m part of the problem. I too have been ordering over Amazon much more than I have in the past.

Old 12-07-2020, 10:33 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,828,799 times
The people that work there need to file OSHA complaints frequently until there is change. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Unless OSHA is just looking the other way on this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio