Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:39 AM

52 posts, read 132,266 times

Advertisements

I posted on here the other day about SE san antonio, but we realized the street I was referring to was actually a NW street...Well, I talked to the lady and she had emailed me the wrong address !! SO I will be going to SE part of town...The address is 1405 S. Hackberry 78210...I that a good, safe, convenient area to be in for a young lady like me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 12:50 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Should be somewhere near Highland st. I believe. Not a bad old neighborhood but not what it used to be. I wouldn't really want to live there. There are places around S.A. where there are pockets or decent areas. This would probably be among those where you just don't know without trying it. The exact address will make a difference I'm sure. I wouldn't consider it a worst choice by any means. It would be a convenient area to many things!

Old 01-14-2010, 01:03 AM

satx56,

Great, thanks for response.....Ya, Im moving to San Antonio from out of state so I have no idea about the area....So any info helps, thanks !! Oh, are there any hospitals near?

Old 01-14-2010, 01:09 AM

744 posts, read 1,209,383 times
How would you determine near for you. We do have a huge medical center on the NW side and a few hospitals just outside the Downtown area. Good luck in your move here and let us know when you get here so we can say an official Welcome.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:25 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,437,451 times
Yikes, have you looked at google street view of the address? Abandoned empty lots, bars on the windows of the homes, a self serve car wash, not a address you would want to live at. I really hope your not locked into this place. If you aren't give us a price range you were looking at, and I'm sure this board will help.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:55 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Sorry Carmela, Smuboy is right that address is actually north of Hwy 90 or I-10. Although handy to the expressway system not a good hood. Not in the middle of the worst but at the southern end. I'd keep looking. You'd also be far away from most of the city's biggest hospitals.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:56 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
There are parts of the SE side that are actually really nice but I dont know if that area you are moving to is one of them. I dont think you would feel very safe there, especially if you are living alone. If you are wanting to be closer to hospitals then I would suggest the Medical Center area which is on the NW part of town. Good luck!!!

Old 01-14-2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
How would you determine near for you. We do have a huge medical center on the NW side and a few hospitals just outside the Downtown area. Good luck in your move here and let us know when you get here so we can say an official Welcome.
Oh I consider near, like a 1-18 mile drive

Old 01-14-2010, 07:33 AM

437 posts, read 902,609 times
Are you buying or renting? I moved to the east side, which doesn't have a good reputation in SA, but my neighborhood is very nice and a historic district. I owned a house in the 78210 zip code for 1 year and 10 days; for those of you in the forum who are curious, drive by that house. It's the mansion at the corner of Denver and S Gevers - gorgeous property. But we HAD TO sell it. We were robbed so many times...prostitution and drugs across the street... The cops knew; they told us we shouldn't live there. They thought stray bullets might come flying through the window. (Yes, the police officer who was investigating the theft of the $15,000 air conditioning unit actually said that.) On top of it all, that particular theft was video-taped by security cameras from across the street; the police never went to get the tape. All that to say: it's probably not the safest area and there's no support from the police.

Carmela - have you seen the house?

Old 01-14-2010, 07:54 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
This area is a little rougher than most on the SE side...If you just follow the common sence rules of stay out of places and away from people with drama, less likely to have trouble. I would not hang out to the north of this address.

Highway 90 is kinda the cut off point...North of 90 is a little rougher, south of Hwy 90, neighborhoods are more tame and secure...More to the SE from Hackberry and Hwy 90 you go, the nicer the neighborhoods are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio